Bauhaus release first new song in 14 years!

Originally published at: Bauhaus release first new song in 14 years! | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Press “Eject” and give me the tape…

10 Likes

It’s not “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”, but I like it.

7 Likes

I’m reading this as the only way all four can collaborate anymore is if there is no way they’ll even be tempted to be in the same room together.

10 Likes

My baby. How big you’ll be in a very little while. You’ll be going to school and you won’t want your daddy then, will you darling? Oh, I wish you could be my baby all the time. I wonder what the future holds?

6 Likes

i’m loving how it sounds like Tones on Tail, but with Peter Murphy joining in. poppier than their Bauhaus stuff, but still great.

5 Likes

Notwithstanding the fact that this sounds bloody good, the sheer levels of creative trust and collaboration that it implies between them all truly excites me! Please please tour in the UK.

1 Like

Touring?!?! Hot dog! Daniel Ash and David J LOVE Detroit! I saw Love & Rockets twice in the same dang year in the late 90’s. First was a pay with money concert, the second was a pay with toys concert. You heard me right, Love & Rockets did a Toys for Tots toy-raiser right here in Detroit!

8 Likes

I’ve been listening to that on repeat in a small playlist all this week. I had no idea this new piece was coming out. Nice!

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense that it’d be a piece where they didn’t really have to interact with each other much

1 Like

If we’re really honest here, nothing compares to “Bela Lugosi’s Dead.”

4 Likes

Well, at least it’s not 14minutes long…

3 Likes

“She’s in Parties” would like a word with you

9 Likes

As would “Sanity Assassin”.

6 Likes

Nerves.

4 Likes

And sometimes Exquisite Corpse just does not make sense.

3 Likes

i hear you/that. Dali’s Car (also conceived/produced via remote track contribution, the analogue way?) w/ Ash guitar would’ve been a cool outcome, too… :wink:

2 Likes

@FGD135 …and every ItFF track!

2 Likes

I never knew that Dali’s Car was a a remote collaboration! As far as Daniel Ash being on it, I kind of like it being such a fretless bass extravaganza

2 Likes

Heh it’s been a while so i hope my recall is correct… #AllHailMickKarnEvenThoughDavidJIsGod

2 Likes