BB TV recaps complaint department

With this sudden interest in TV again I’m wondering why you and Jamie Frevele parted ways.

1 Like

What the heck are you doing!? I am a longtime boingboing fan and haven’t started GOT season 4! Why is the most unpredictable show being spoiled with a frontpage image!

While I’m here, I’m definitely tiring of the excessive Tv commentary that’s flooding boingboing too.

But please, don’t ruin shows with massively spoiling images. Anyone should be able to come here. Not just kids who’re up to date with every series they plan to watch.

Awww, man, I can’t erase that image!!! This is seriously annoying!!!

5 Likes

This long time bb reader appreciates being given a BB perspective on the show and a place to discuss with fellow readers. Keep them coming.

9 Likes

You could try to use whiteout on your screen.

Trying to avoid spoilers for the whole season! How do you even survive 10 minutes on the internet?

6 Likes

One of the great things about boingboing is I don’t need to go trawling through much else on the internet. Boingboing is my directory of wonderful things. I’m happy to ignore most social media in order to dodge spoilers. But really, this is the first time boingboing has done this to me.

Thanks for changing the pic, now I’ll just white-out my brain.

I think that’s an excellent solution BTW, to have spoilers only accessable via ‘Read the rest’.

1 Like

You want spoilers?!? I got your spoilers right here: not only have I read all five books, I have a psychic connection with AA Milne I mean JJ Binks I mean wassisname with the capital letters…

No Not JRR…The other guy who writes great characters, gets them to a certain place and has them spin in place while he endlessly describes heraldry and juicy turkey legs.

So(!)…There are only four characters that matter: Jon Snow…who defeats the Wildings/Snow Zombies single handedly. And melts the Wall with Dragon fire…because guess what? Daenerys Targaryen invades Westros with a brilliant pincer maneuver: Unsullied demolish Dorne…Dragons flame KL. Of course Tyrion and Daenerys are an item at this point: and she’s Expecting!!! DragonFire for everyone: literally 90% of Westros and almost all ancillary characters are charred to ash. Sansa marries Tommon. Bran becomes a wolf and becomes Lord of the Wargs. Cercei and Brienne share Jaime in an open relationship. Arya kills everyone on her list and becomes Queen of The North. Daenerys is poisoned by Mayor Carcetti and a dragon bites off his head. The last scene is an aged, wasted Tyrion placing his baby son on the Iron Throne.

The End.

2 Likes

Cercei –share?

2 Likes

Obligatory

1 Like

Spoilers in the first line?? That’s the part that shows up in my news reader!
Seriously boingboing, enough with the TV recaps. It’s turning into the avclub over here.

2 Likes

Jeesuz BB! Post something like “Game of Thrones discussion” but leave out the fucking pictures and anything…I mean anything that might give away the plot!

Why? Why? Why? Do you guys insist on spoiling it for those of us who haven’t seen the episode?

The beauty of Game of Thrones is that no character seems to be indispensable. Therefore any mention of any character in the post title is a spoiler. It’s not like some shows where the main characters never leave.

1 Like

I think the general expectation is that you get a week after the airing of a show, after that you should expect spoilers.

Otherwise people would be on the Internet complaining that people spoiled the “Who shot J.R.” arc of Dallas.

If I were a Game of Thrones fan I’d be quite upset about the spoiler in the episode recap. You really couldn’t be bothered to stick it below the fold?

It’s the only way to be sure…

I think this is slowly changing, though - since so many people have switched from weekly-watching to just binge-watching entire seasons at a time, the unspoken “rules” regarding spoilers are getting quite complicated. At least when it comes to regular conversations. Though when it comes to websites? Yeah, I think all bets are off there, especially a site like BB where TV recaps seem to be a regular feature now. People that want to avoid spoilers can just move to reading BB via a feed reader, which is what I do. I just skip past the show recaps for shows that I don’t want spoiled.

Do you mean that when you see the word RECAP in a headline you identify it with potential spoilers?

Amazingly, yes! :slight_smile: But I can see the annoyance from people who don’t read via feed readers, if you go to the BB homepage and there’s a big picture RIGHT THERE spoiling a huge plot point, that would be super annoying. But then, I can’t really understand why anybody would use old school bookmarks instead of feed readers, feeds have absolutely changed the way I view the web for years and years now.

We’re now offering feed options! So spoiler avoiders can RSS without fear.

http://boingboing.net/rss <-- excerpts only

1 Like