BBS discussions missing

Oh, I’ve got a nice one for you.

The comments link for

points to

2 Likes

Can you take a look at this early next week @eviltrout?

My work was more about logging and making sure errors were present. In this case there were no errors, but a blog seems to be linked to the wrong article. I’m not sure what would cause that – maybe we should be doing lots of extra logging, even on successful articles? Otherwise I’d need to ask someone more familiar with the WP plugin.

1 Like

“Darling, I must snark. Where is snarking-wire?”

EDIT: Seems to have been fixed, one way or another.

3 Likes

Ahh, there’s another one.

Wait what? It’s here is it not? Hardcore vegan baby nearly dies

for some reason the plugin was turned off and I had to manually push a few through when @beschizza and Ken caught it.

1 Like

@codinghorror I don’t know if this helps or not, but this isn’t a new problem, I’ve been encountering it randomly for quite some time now (I just got used to it I guess).

Chrome on w7 and iOS FWIW

Sorry what problem are you referring to?

Sorry, the one above on this thread of the comment link redirecting back to the topic post (if I’m describing it correctly)

The answer is one post above yours?

If it’s the answer to what the first example page does, then yes.

Wasn’t sure if:
a) it (fix) was retroactive or not
b) with reference to Discourse 1.5, wasn’t sure if versioning was important to the fix &|| if version was recent and defect expect to be tied to version, if you follow (bet you do)

Well, if you see any new BBS articles that don’t have comment topics attached please report it here!

Will do :+1:

BTW, appreciate your efforts around here.

4 Likes

Just for clarification, what exactly are you doing when you manually push it through? I’m still trying to reproduce this error in a way where I can understand what’s going on!

open the post in the editor. manually select publish to discourse. update post.

Thanks, that’s helpful.

By the way, are the old pre-BBS comments gone for good?

I know they used to still be available (despite having a couple of layout issues), but now the “Comment” links are also redirecting back to the original post.

I am not sure, let’s ask @beschizza?

It’s all in our wordpress database, I need to get my shit together and do

“if pubdate <2013 {wordpress} else {discourse}”

in our templates.

But it’s not that simple for some annoying wordpress reason…

We do have a post making our historical comments available as an XML dump, somewhere!

1 Like