BBS Trip Advisor

Not far from me at all. Maybe I can squeeze it in before I fly home. Thanks!

5 Likes

I’ll be in the Camp Verde area for ~10 days in January and will definitely check this out! Any other north central AZ tips?

1 Like

:100:

Am a big fan of his work!
And his neighborhood. Total transformation.

His vision and his story are compelling and make me hopeful for the future.

I second your recommendation.

3 Likes

I love that area. Perfect time of year too.

Stay out of the cities and you’ll be happy.
Arizona does have its precious, unique beauty. Drink deep!

1 Like

I hope no one sold their homes to pay for this as a retirement plan.

6 Likes

Too late.

Some of the passengers who booked the 111 cabins sold are still in Istanbul, having made their way there ahead of the original departure date. Others say they have nowhere to return to, having sold or rented out their homes in anticipation of the round-the-world voyage, as well as jettisoning their possessions

6 Likes

sad lucifer morningstar GIF by Lucifer

8 Likes

Goddamn it.

5 Likes

Rankings vary. But the overlap is probably useful.

5 Likes

Ireland ranks below UK? Zoiks!

4 Likes

It does sound suspicious.

These lists don’t break out safety for trans travelers- it likely effects the ratings.

2 Likes

The source for the first link does include criteria for transgender identity laws and murder rates, although their long list is impossible to sort on individual criteria.

1 Like

:thinking: I wondered if any lists cover concerns about abuse of workers, anti-immigration policies, trafficking, violence against women, etc…

This sometimes turns the choice of travel destinations into a search for the lesser of many evils.

3 Likes

Going away for several weeks in a cottage? Camping experience helps. Camping spices- 6 essential spices- 4 grilling blends- small & light.

Refillable- with some effort.

7 Likes

I’ll bet you can get these at Penzey’s, if you want to support a good business.

2 Likes

I’ve got one of these. They’re excellent for heading into the woods (though it mostly lives in our home kitchen for some reason).

3 Likes

those are good for camping and trips out on the boat, with a small cookstove for cooking fish caught same day. we like to go early, catch some snapper, then find an island beach to sandbar and “catch & cook” to make a lovely day.
also kept in my camping kit when camping in the Superstition Mountain wilderness outside Mesa, AZ where i would spend days at a time fishing the Salt River and seeking dark skies and quiet solitude.
yeah, those are really good if you use them and don’t let them get damp or too old.
also good for your bug-out bag, especially if you are going off-grid.

7 Likes

I’m going to the Big Island for several weeks.

10 Likes

that is lovely!
bon voyage, comrade, and know that Key West is safe and welcoming, should you decide to travel to these islands.
it would be delightful to meet you there one day.

8 Likes

I would love that!

And Key West is a fav!

7 Likes