BBS Trip Advisor

Heading to the homeland for a few weeks. Woohoo! Will be in the west and southwest of Ireland. Couldn’t have come at a better time. Pictures to follow when available.

14 Likes

Oh yeah! Dingle is precisely one of the places I want to go if we get a chance to visit in the next couple of years… Looking forward to pics!

8 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes

Can confirm about half of those islands personally (either myself or reports from friends).

8 Likes

Another one to add to your list if you haven’t already been: Monhegan Island, ME. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there, but it’s picturesque AF. In the summer there are always artists offering Pleine air classes. One of my dreams is to spend a couple weeks out there one of these years, and either take an art class or do it on my own, just finding beautiful views and settling in to paint them.

9 Likes

I always wanted to visit there. I heard they have electricity now?

6 Likes

Are we playing Autoquartett Inselquartett?

5 Likes

When did we ever stop?

5 Likes

On a trip to Germany some years ago, Ms. Shiv and I visited Borkum. A young bartender there was surprised to be serving an “Ami” – “How do you even know about this place?”

5 Likes

Borkum is huge compared to Baltrum.

5 Likes

I wasn’t really comparing them, it was more of a “While on the subject of the Frisian Islands…” response. Which I don’t get to use much in conversation.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Now there are concerns about tourism protests spreading:

Governments and international organizations are attempting to address complaints from residents about housing, water, crowds/traffic, and other environmental impacts. These are factors I will consider more carefully when making travel plans in the future.

9 Likes

buran2

technik-museum-sinsheim_tupolev-tu-144-und-concorde

boeing747

15 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

breaking ground for the tRump international golf club and resort, Pyongyang?
:thinking:
for that next press conference he’ll call.

12 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

7 Likes

In the Catskills.

10 Likes

More incentive to make sure vacation rentals are legit before booking:

Spain seems to be leading the way in efforts to curb overtourism, but other countries may soon follow their example.

9 Likes