Beat the body pain with these trusted CBD gummies

Thanks for the tip but being in the uk would probably mean that this drug isn’t available anyway. The only fibro drugs we can get is tramadol and Naproxin but our doctors are being urged to cut right back on prescribing them. They say it’s to stop addiction but i think it’s really down to NHS budget cuts. The only treatments i can get now are accupuncture and physio to relieve the constant muscle cramps. The accupuncture seems to do nothing at all while the physio actually triggers flare ups. After waiting 19 years for a diagnosis, i’m in no better a position now then i was at the start.

1 Like

Tramadol is cheap. I don’t even use my insurance card for it. 5 years ago I could buy it through insurance in the mail for a 3 month supply, and I got the max dose, even though I used less than that.

Now I have to go every month to a pain doctor with a copay just to get the exact dosage I need.

So if the UK is anything like the US, they are cracking down with all the opioids, and the people in pain are now treated like addicts.

I did just get a nice new shiny MRI that shows I’m not faking it, so I got that going for me.

ETA - I don’t have fibromialgia, but a rare form of Neurofibro Mitosis, and my left leg is more tumor than meat and bone.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of your struggle, it sounds like your having as much luck as i am at the momant. Your condition sounds really difficult to live with. My fobro has had a physical affect on me after all these years due to increased muscle growth from all the torn muscle fibres that the cramping causes. My neck, shoulders, left foot and right calf are most affected, my neck and shoulders have bulked up and my right calf is nearly twice the size of the left one. I can’t even point my foot without instantly triggering a cramp, same with my left toes, if i curl them my foot cramps instantly. I have severe wear in my neck and lower back vertebrae so i’m prone to slipped disks and sciatic pain too. i’m currently going through a bout of sciatica right now but i can’t rest too much as i’m a full time (lone) carer for my autistic daughter. You would think being a carer would get me more help but no. carers in the uk only seem to get support if the person they are looking after has a physical disability. It’s aharsh thing to say but it seems to be true.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve found CBD gummies quite helpful for anxiety – they help calm and chill my brain out without any of the dry-mouth / stony feeling of THC. I’ve been trying this brand and found them gentle and effective. There’s a lot of BS going around about CBD’s effects and things pretending to be CBD that aren’t, so it’s definitely something to be careful about.

2 Likes

Shilling pot on the other hand is very much in bb’s traditions. I enjoy weed as much as the next guy, but it’s very offputting to see this weapons grade baloneyum.

3 Likes

CBD is considered fake, now?
Well, that’s new.

1 Like

It’s real exaggeration of health outcomes with no science yet done to back it up and a howling chasm in replicability

1 Like

The ethics of this is… iffy. Do y’all really want to try and make your ends InfoWars style?

I’m not sure that it’s right for BoingBoing to be selling anything with medical-adjacent claims.

1 Like

Not sure about right, but I wonder whether it’s smart to try and sell medical-adjacent claims to an audience that is predisposed to respect the scientific method and want to understand the peer-reviewed evidence.

(and I’m totally stealing “medical-adjacent” to use alongside my own favourite, “faith-based medicine”).

2 Likes

Unfounded medical claims aside HOW MANY MG!!? Nowhere in the disturbing ad copy or on the product page does it say how much active ingredient is in each gummy. If you’re gonna well snake oil, at least tell us how many snakes are in the bottle.

This is the overlap of the Venmo diagram of Boing Boing and Info Wars.

We all gotta eat, but this is disappointing.

1 Like

10 MG per gummy according to the product page on the manufacturer’s site.

This brand (Sunday Scaries) advertises extensively on Facebook and seems to be constantly doing “try some CBD!” specials through BB, AV Club, Kinja, and other supported-by-sales sites. It’s not a brand I would trust and the reviews aren’t great.

3 Likes

CBD is anything but a “waste” product. It’s another Cannabinoid (like THC) and is typically in low concentration for strains bred to be high THC. CBD dominant strains exist as well and if low enough in THC, are classified as Hemp, allowing farmers to cultivate “won’t get you high pot”.
The math is similar to that of weed cultivated for its THC content, weight by weight, so you can imagine how a farmer might like the financial projections even if CBD yield is 1/2 of what THC could be.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.