Because of course Pearson would

So, let’s say that you’ve probably heard of an ‘institutional review board’ before, say because you are a hegemonic defense contractor of educational content slurry. Would you think that it’s a good idea or an awesome idea to do a little quiet psychological experimentation on a few thousand students?

For extra credit, the ‘no intervention’ group outperformed both of the intervention groups.

2 Likes

“This page (https://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/DigitalEducation/2018/04/pearson_growth_mindset_software.html) is currently offline.”

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, wasn’t yesterday, will try to locate a working link when I have a real computer to use.

1 Like

This seems to be talking about the same thing:

3 Likes

Yes, thank you. Same paper title(curiously said paper doesn’t seem to be up, even behind a paywall, yet); and same software platform and target size.

Also same cringeworthy encouragement stimuli:

Getting drippingly saccharine slime like “Some students tried this question 26 times! Don’t worry if it takes you a few tries to get it right.” when just trying to work out a CS problem set you drive me to my best imitation of the Barbie “math is hard!” and/or drink pretty quickly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.