Becoming a Web developer as an RPG skill-tree

[Permalink]

In my experience, SEO mastery will give you -5 Charisma.

That's gorgeous, and quite fun!

A couple of us were just putting something together that was sort of an RPG-for-life as an example of ways to motivate people into various sorts of jobs. It's closer to a Pen and Paper treatment but we were just talking about making a character builder for it! Now that thought's pretty well embedded. . hmmmm

Great find!

I like that the default character via the BB hyperlink is

Your%20Name

That's a nice touch -- a good symptom of web developer-itis.

This game gave me lots of options throughout, I thought these would have an impact on the ending but it was just the same whatever you did. 4/10. I hope they release an expansion soon to fix this.

Something like this for a wide range of careers would really be helpful for kids (ya). I actually know a nonprofit for at-risk youth doing something similar, though not in the rpg format. This could be done as a kind of wiki so that people could add their own professions easily, and add subspecialties.

Though, unfortunately for the rest of the planet, the -10 wisdom penalty it imposes tends to prevent the newly-minted 'SEO Ninja' from ever realizing that...

D&D will save the world! I like it.

I'm really surprised couldn't find a version online, because the psychology is EXCELLENT. In particular the ability to draw people into specific roles that has larger rewards but they're more willing to do than most. I was having a hard time getting people to visualize how we'd get people to embrace doing 'crap' jobs and 'traumatic' jobs (Janitor to EMT to Elder Care) in a system that was more appealing to the creators and inventors and designed to be management-free (like an Uber-valve)

I'm thinking this is a really good option, the few people I've bounced it off of loved it. Just need to pretty it up, start filling in some data elements (another perk! I get to get out some of the 'fun' ideas in a really good way)

In Coopernation, game plays you!

All I've done so far is basic outlining though :frowning: I need to learn some web-app skills and apply a little artistic effort for this one.

https://sites.google.com/site/coopernationv2/introduction/life-opportunities

This is some excellent design work, but I'd love to see it combined with its own set of tutorials, so that progress is charted in a more concrete way.

Codecademy has some progress-tracking / points-earning functionality, but nothing like this presentation.

The language-learning site Duolingo has, I think, the best combination of an approachable 'skill tree' and useful lessons. You can even do skill tests to skip the stuff you already know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.