Bed Bath & Beyond files for bankruptcy protection

Originally published at: Bed Bath & Beyond files for bankruptcy protection | Boing Boing

4 Likes

So you’re telling me that I need to use all of those 20% off coupons now?

11 Likes

They’d already jettisoned the Canadian stores in February.

7 Likes

When a troubled company’s CFO jumps off a building the company will eventually follow.

5 Likes

Bed, Bath enters the Great Beyond.

13 Likes

Why yes, Rob is telling you that.

7 Likes

No more soapy sales.

6 Likes

BZZT! Oh I know! Is it: “What is Third-Party Equity Financing?”

6 Likes

Verily, their bubble has popped.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Given the way these liquidation sales work, that might, maybe get you to the prior list price.

5 Likes

8 Likes

That sort of failure should trigger a blacklisting of their CxO’s ever holding a position of importance again.

5 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Wait, so it wasn’t Amazon that killed it?

5 Likes

By the 26th, according to the email I got from the CEO on Sunday.

My spouse demanded we go shopping for curtains.

I don’t think this was a surprise to anyone who’s been in one of these in the past 6 months. They’ve been pretty empty, even in the stores that haven’t closed. In the Chicago area, they close many big stores that were quasi-anchors of strip or mini malls and were certainly busy. You don’t close those if finances are struggling just a bit.

7 Likes

Yes.

Specifically:

4 Likes

my local store had their liquidation sale a couple of weeks ago. It’s gone now, perhaps to be replaced with a spirit halloween store.

4 Likes

Soupy Sales was my stepsisters’ next door neighbor and BABYSITTER. Can you even imagine?!

Back on topic, I’ll miss them. We’ve often been able to find stuff there what we couldn’t find elsewhere, and well priced. Fuck. I’m so sick and tired of scrolling thru 573,824 items which are completely unrelated to the item I’m looking for at hamazon!

4 Likes

Uh, what? I…can only imagine Pinterest sells digital versions of those picture frame cluster wall hangings?

3 Likes