Behold the ultimate McMansion

She has never read “the house that Beebo built” (Philippe Fix) - it is obviously an homage to one of the all time great children’s books.

3 Likes

Fishing at night on underwater dock lights can be a lot of fun. I associate it with saltwater fishing, but this looks like it’s on a lake. It’s just so cool seeing the silhouettes of fish backlit by the underwater lights: (this is the link with the least obnoxious music. Muting is recommended)

4 Likes

I’ve seen some GIANT tarpons under the brightly lit docks in Key West.

5 Likes

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
lol…Oh how I missed watching you on Sodahead!

4 Likes

Aye; I also miss the old days, and the Phaet, and all the fun we had.

6 Likes

If it’s made from the McParts I think it McDoes, I don’t want to McLive there.
Jerry Seinfeld Eye Roll GIF by HULU

5 Likes

I like it.
My inner supervillian could really thrive in a lair like this.

4 Likes

The exterior has a weird energy, but if you compare it with one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpieces it falls apart.

I could probably live there on the grounds that being inside, I couldn’t see the outside, only the interior is a true McMansion mess.

3 Likes

… and then drop it from orbit on to a nuke?

@gracchus “Don’t look at the windows, Rex!”

@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_hAn3IoBo&t

It reminds me of “play-sets”, where you’ve got to get a bunch of disparate elements in to a single toy.

12 Likes

I really want to have a go on the slide.

But could I live there?
No.
House is too long.

2 Likes

You’re more cultured than me, because my first thought was “Katamari Damacy”.

6 Likes

Frank Lloyd Wright houses only last because many of them have protected status, otherwise they’d have rotted away due to leaky rooves. FLW homes are best suited for the Atacama desert.

8 Likes

Does the kitchen come with an air fryer?

4 Likes

It does but, and I actually mean this seriously regarding the house, how do you clean it?!?
That atrium glass is a whole thing unto itself, but all those interior decorative ledges and odd marble columns. That’s a lot of dusting. Don’t even let’s get started about the tiny tile work. That’s a lot of grout.

10 Likes

You use a sousaphone, obviously. If you hit pitch and volume just so the dirt and grime will practically jump off the surfaces and can be hoovered up.
Mind you, do not generate any frequencies the load bearing structure might resonate with or it will be Tacoma bridge all over again.

12 Likes

Next to the combination knife-sharpener / pan-seasoner. Also all knobs are nickel-plated for hygenic purposes

9 Likes

I thought they’d be tiled with old pennies. You know, for the copper. :wink:

9 Likes

I get what you mean, but that definition includes some examples that I don’t think I’d apply the moniker to.

Ideally I’d want to add some photocatalytic self-cleaning coatings and UV LEDs (not just here, but in general). In this case I think the answer is “You don’t, you hire people to do it. Either regularly, or just the once before you try to sell it after realizing what you did in buying/building it.”

4 Likes

Now there’s a made-up phrase if ever I saw one.

Just kidding. I have no idea what that is.

Wish I had a self-cleaning dog, though.

:wink:

3 Likes