Belgian Parliament: if we shut off free booze in Parliament, we'll have to go back to dragging lawmakers out of the bars to vote

Whatever fits in the flask, my friend.

Frankly, I hesitated to describe some of the rat piss I have poured into my flask over the years as “whisky.”

My checklist is this:

• Am I being dragged to the cinema?
  • Do I have anything to hand that a) will get me drunk and b) won’t make me go blind?
  • How much of it can I fit in a flask?
2 Likes

Here in the Republic of California, even the big ones have mostly converted to include beer and booze.

1 Like

As it should be, hazzah! May your dirty communist state make this a viral idea export yesterday-ish.

1 Like

both local cinemas in my semiurbanized Virginia neighborhood (A regal 10 screen and a cinemark 14 screen) serve beer and wine. Mind you, the wine is 9 bucks a glass, and the beer is 6… so

Theatres are desperate to stay in business, Happily, the local licensing agency has obliged.

1 Like

Note for those who aren’t familiar with the jargon; the key differentiation is that ‘bicamerals’ have two humps, as opposed to ‘dromedaries’ which have just one hump. ‘Bactrians’ also have two humps.

It’s also worth noting that dromedaries and bactrians were being domesticated by about 2500 BC, whereas bicamerals have always refused domestication, and roam wild to this day.

11 Likes

But why show map of Belgium… in GERMAN?

Disenfranchising drunks? You sound protestant.

1 Like

Hmmmm. WELL! Here’s your dignamned problem right here. You got yerself a little 19th Century ‘Murica mixed in with your Walloon widget. Lemme jus’ take care of that fer ya.

Belgium has a parliament? Ye gods, I thought it’d gone mythical years ago. I guess it was just having a snooze in the back room.

It did go without one for a year and a half…

1 Like

The Flemish-Walloon conflict is a toxic one, using the third official language may be a political clever move.

2 Likes

Amai, da’s straffe toebak.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.