Ben Stein is sick of "colored" people complaining: they have "every chance at a good life"

Fuck.

Isn’t this human anchor from the past dead yet?

6 Likes

i’m reminded of this poem i heard when i was a kid, which the internet now tells me was by malcom x

When I was born, I was black. When I grow up, I’m black. When I’m ill, When I die, I’m black. But you - When you’re born, you’re pink. When you grow up, you’re white. When you’re ill, you’re green. When you go out in the sun, you go red. When you’re cold, you go blue. When you die, you’re purple. And you have the nerve to call me Colored?

also can’t get but notice stein starts all that off by claiming he might wake up some morning. well. he’s had 60 years and he hasn’t yet

29 Likes

Maybe if we give mister Stein a nice, juicy chunk of watermelon he will be happy and shut up for a while.

5 Likes

Ben’s family needs to take his internet devices away.

5 Likes

They should create a museum of bigotry and install people like Stein as exhibits. Just tell him it’s an exclusive whites-only luxury retirement community.

12 Likes

I knew someone who’d met Ben Stein. They told me he was so smart he could convincingly argue the stupidest position, and that sometimes he did so for his own amusement.

Even then I didn’t think he was that smart. I thought all he’d really done was convince enough people with the power to give him platforms he didn’t deserve that he was smarter than he was. If he were smart he’d know there’s nothing amusing about what he’s saying. Some people take him seriously enough that his words are potentially dangerous.

19 Likes

I remember sending numerous emails and a few postal letters begging CBS Sunday Morning to drop his stupid spots. Give me more Faith Salie, Mo Rocca, and Nancy Giles :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Being good at trivia and having a mind packed with readily-accessible facts doesn’t make anyone smart. I know, because that’s pretty much me. If you met me you’d think I was smart, but really I’m just well-read and have a spongy, sticky brain. I lead my life like an idiot, though :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Reminds me what I’ve heard about Scalia. This is all an intellectual game for them, one in which they have no (white) skin.

13 Likes

Sounds familiar…

6 Likes

Old. Rich. White. Man. Telling all the black people in America how good they have it. With an undertone of “be grateful for the scraps, or we’ll take away the scraps”.

14 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had people tell me I was smart because I can rattle off weird and obscure facts but a smart guy would remember to pick up his prescriptions before he got home. :sweat_smile:

In Stein’s case I don’t think it’s just being able to rattle off trivia, though. He’s held some important positions, like working as Nixon’s speechwriter. That seems impressive to anyone who doesn’t know that he got the job through family connections rather than hard work. And that’s the problem. He’s gotten where he is because too many people, including him, believe he earned his success.

14 Likes

But then he’d be…

Dun dun dun!!

WOKE!

Summer Hours Fainting GIF

17 Likes

Wasting time like that strikes me as profoundly stupid, no matter how clever.

7 Likes

Can we make Ben Stein black for, like, ten minutes? And have him get pulled over by a cop?

10 Likes

No one chiming in about being sick of Ben Stein complaining?

After hearing about Ben Stein on BoingBoing twice in the past month, I am sick of hearing him complaining.

5 Likes

Wow, A speechwriter for Nixon that had one memorable part in a classic movie went on to say something racist and acting like privileged conservative asshole on social media? Who would have guessed it?

Well, I’m shocked.

9 Likes

Anyone? Anyone?

/me steals a Ferrari and drives away

7 Likes

Hard to respect the value lives you don’t think are worth living…

5 Likes

Hot take there, comrade!

Enjoy your (likely brief) visit.

6 Likes