Bentley's SUV built for falconry

I was going to say something similar. I actually know a couple people who do falconry, and they can barely afford a 15 year old Hyundai.

4 Likes

I don’t do falconry (yet) but I work with birds of prey and the people who drive them around, and the best option seems to be a large van with towels on everything. If I had a luxury one I’d probably add mounted perches and screens and a mini fridge for meat scraps.

4 Likes

The original was better

6 Likes

Two articles of interest:

4 Likes

Sounds like a birdcage on wheels.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wait, you’re saying it’s possible to train falcons to attack specific targets but not to shit outside? Surely there must be a trainer out there who has conditioned his raptor to only shit on his enemies.

You can train birds to poop where you want them to - but it is hard to stop them from pooping everywhere else as well. It has something to do with only one hole to shit, pee and lay eggs with - they don’t have great sphincter control.

4 Likes

ours have a tendency to poop as soon as you take them off of an area with newspaper or towels or dirt. it seems very deliberate to me.

Another reason it’s hard to train birds not to poop in specific places is that if you’re only using positive reinforcement, you can’t really reward them for not pooping. They just think they’re getting free mealworms for no reason.

3 Likes

[quote=“avicebenner, post:28, topic:101438, full:true”]They just think they’re getting free mealworms for no reason.
[/quote]

Speaking as a bird on the internet*: I love it when that happens

*You can’t prove I’m not

4 Likes

hello bird. I have been told by many people that I am also actually a bird but I’m not sure. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

oh yeah, they’re also in the aviaries most of the day (especially since I work with injured birds) so you can’t really ask them to hold it for 20 hours

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.