Bernie Sanders and Yanis Varoufakis announce Progressives International, to counter rising ultra-nationalism

The image has three bulleted points in it and is in mixed case; any others are illusory.
The central floral icon is of a chrysOTIS, the elevator flower of reliable service.
They took out the term ‘reify’ as a special favor, and have added aliasing as a pixel-art theme and thing to give your old ex-pat minitel a boner. The thing probably still votes every time it sees saturated color.

Bernie’s ability to mostly not be where the Democratic Party is throwing shade at him makes him a chaos magician first.

8 Likes

Progressivism gives you LECTROLITES!

1 Like

OMG.

I understood what Flossie wrote, and agree.

6 Likes

Popped in to Ikea over the weekend to grab a law degree and a six pack of toilet brushes. Did not see those particular individual items, but did see Bernie trying out the kneeling chairs, seemed like he found a fit.

Didn’t understand what Flossie wrote, but liked it.

Wondering is a form of thinking, so that’s probably the wrong approach to figuring it out. Freud said the next messiah would come from among the poorest of the poor. Become one and watch for the answer, then help her/him.

1 Like

Looks fine to me.

2 Likes

Was going to say, they didn’t even want the conspiracy-right to have work to find the hidden demonic symbols in their highlights magazine one-world-government chart?

1 Like

Well, from realities perspective, I think.

4 Likes

hiddleston-okay

3 Likes

Partly true. Access to good information is indeed a must, but rarely occurs (see: Daily Mail and Faux News).
But even if I grant that most people can understand complexity (and I do not grant that - education is woeful in most of UK and US at least) the real point is that they don’t WANT to understand complexity. It takes too much time and effort. It distracts from really super-important/exciting bread and circuses, for those who can afford/have them. And for those that can’t afford them, they have far more localised and pressing personal distractions that prevent any investment of time in understanding complexity.

Yeah - first time I ever read a Flossie post and almost understood it. Weird times, my friend, weird times.

3 Likes

If I walk into a room and someone says, “Welcome, newcomers.” I am going to turn around and walk back out of that door without missing a step.

1 Like

Seehofer? After the state elections in Bavaria two weeks ago and in Hesse yesterday, he is a dead duck, since his constant quarreling with the chancellor was weaking the goverment and destroying the reputations of both ruling parties. Now that the elections are over he will probably be replaced very quickly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.