Bernie Sanders on fighting global authoritarianism

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/10/back-not-forward.html

4 Likes

Oh, I know, he’s too old… For fucks sake, when compared to the Donny Two Burgers, please it’s utter nonsense to even compare them…

giphy

15 Likes

In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of. - -Confucius

17 Likes

7 Likes

Bernie is great and I hope he wins the nomination. But his rhetoric is hopelessly over the head of most the voters whose support he will need. Any victory will come at the cost of a huge and deftly used organizing effort to talk to voters about bread and butter issues.

Talking about global oligarchy and authoritarianism is going to go right over their heads.

I guess that’s why when he was giving campaign speeches and taking part in debates, all of which were aimed at ordinary voters, he didn’t use words like that (at least not to my recollection).

10 Likes

Oh totally, and I get that this speech was perhaps aimed at a different audience.

I wish Sanders would find a protege and do his work through through that person and step back. He’s not electable. I love his politics, but don’t like him as a politician.

2 Likes

and:

5 Likes

And let’s not forget…

4 Likes

queen-elizabeth-really-please|nullxnull

3 Likes

To be fair, I also didn’t think Trump was electable and look how wrong I was about that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.