Bernie Sanders raises $18.2m from 525,000 small-money donors (including me)

Franken / Weiner 2020

Obviously Trump is the reigning champion of not releasing tax returns as promised, but if Bernie doesn’t release his relatively soon it’s going to become a big distraction from his campaign. As it was, he only released a single year’s tax return when he ran in 2016.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but I mean, to use “mean” three times in a sentence … trying to take that away from me would just be … er, mean?

1 Like

Good point.

1 Like

It’s weird as hell that he keeps promising to release them, and then doesn’t. And I say that as someone who likes many things about the dude and donated to his 2016 campaign.

In the Trump era I’m not giving any benefit of the doubt to a candidate that talks a big transparency game about tax returns and then seems weirdly reticent to follow through. Even the excuses are weird. There are no "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross, these forms have been completed for years. I wouldn’t expect there’d be anything that interesting to see, but he keeps stonewalling on 'em.

1 Like

Yeah I mean he literally should have had all but the last two years ready to release before the 2016 primaries.

I dont know whos going to make it to be the nominee or, gods willing, the Democratic POTUS.

But what I find very exciting is the idea that we have such a deep bench from which to draw a Cabinet. Can you imagine a Cabinet with Warren, Booker, Harris, Buttigeig, etc. This would be a legendary Cabinet, all the more so in comparison to the current Cabinet’s perniciousness and ineptitude.

3 Likes

I gave 62 bucks to Bernie. 30 bucks to Warren, and Beto. I hope whoever wins the primary is not Biden and whoever wins the presidency is not Trump or Biden. If those things happen, money well spent. I love Bernie but, who knows who Democrats will choose. Better to get out in front of it now.

Every time I see his name, I think of how close it is to Arschgeige. Which is unfortunate, because he most likely does not deserve that epithet. :violin:

Arsch (“arse”) +‎ Geige (“fiddle”)

Congratulations to one of the (only) three progressive candidates!

If TPTB manage to screw Bernie again and nominate one of the centrist or center-right Democrats - it’ll be the Orange Twitler for 4 more years. America doesn’t want the establishment any more, but they’re certainly not going to relinquish power without a vicious fight.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.