Bernie Sanders uses poster-sized screengrab of a Trump tweet to remind us of promises on health care and social security

I think if they try and dismantle social security, including for people getting pay outs now, who utterly depend on those pay outs, the same thing will happen that happened with the attempts to change the ethics rules last week - a shit ton of phone calls (myself included on behalf of my mom). I’d suspect what they’ll try is changes for those of us who are years away from pay outs, though.

8 Likes

I’m not so sure the changes will actually be that carefully selected. I don’t think the people of Michigan or Pennsylvania got their voices back or got a champion in the white house by voting for Trump, I think they are going to be sold down the river.

6 Likes

I am guessing that Trump will try and privatize Social Security and just watch it crash and burn. All of us will be sold down the river.

5 Likes

Yeah, privatization is a good bet. In the event of privatization, crashing and burning is a sure thing.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Yes, but once rich people have all our money, there will be more opportunities for us to earn it back from them. It used to be that entire families survived on just one job, but many today have three or four — and if we can get the immigrants out, maybe we can work our way up to five or six.

Then America will be great again.

8 Likes

I don’t think the audience is Trump Supporters.

I think the audience is Republicans who might be inclined to get on board with the Paul Ryan Shitsumami on the presumption that voters want this.

He’s building a case so when premiums spike and people lose their insurance, this is a thing Dems can pin on R’s.

1 Like

I’m glad that Sanders did this and I hope he’ll keep doing it. I’m pretty sure Trump can shrug off the beginning of a sentence by the end of it, and his supporters will keep on supportin’.

I am optimistic about what comes next. All three times in my lifetime that a president’s party also had a majority in Congress, it only lasted two years.

2 Likes

12 Likes

How is he going to hear about it?

Trump’s markedly different than other elected officials in that he very outwardly doesn’t give a shit about you. That’s what his fans love about him, that he doesn’t have to pretend.

3 Likes

Constantine and Trump also both started pretending professing Christianity rather late in life.

7 Likes

Autotune!

You’re now dealing with a party that is openly committed to voter suppression. The GOP will hold the red states, regardless of public opinion. If they have to bring back literacy tests and the poll tax to do it, they will.

5 Likes

Yes, I live in a gerrymandered district in NC. We get to revote later this year, thanks to the courts.

2 Likes

True re Constantine who likely recognized the practical aspects of a popular religion (as far as its ‘cohesive’ properties); how else to hold his empire together.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Sort of like “moderate mayor” Pat McCrory campaigned for governor 4 years ago – then governed like the right-wing woman-hating bigoted Duke Energy shill he really was. Guess who was the only governor who DIDN’T win reelection, despite the “mighty” coattails of Trump in NC?

1 Like

He’ll hear about it on Twitter.

I don’t think he has Barron reading them back to him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.