Betsy DeVos confirmed as Education Secretary thanks to 'historic tiebreaking vote' from VP Mike Pence

She might get attacked by a grizzly.

30 Likes

Last week’s big question: Is it okay to punch a Nazi?
This week’s big question: Is it okay to punch our new Education Secretary?

20 Likes

It’s the prequel no one was looking for.

3 Likes

@Falcor

Nominated to be stickied.

If this is not an option, @codinghorror… whaddaya say?

5 Likes

I would, actually. Collins is getting to the point where she doesn’t want to be a Senator anymore, and she’s in Maine. She got 70% of the vote and isn’t really threatened.

Murkowski is the same. Her dad was the senator up there for 20 years and she basically isn’t in danger of ever not being elected. She’ll be able to step down when she wants.

Neither of their votes is going to put them in the better graces or count against them when the time comes.

3 Likes

I tuned out the news for a few days… so, has Trump “drained the swamp” yet?

8 Likes

“has devoted much of her life to expanding educational choice through charter schools and vouchers”

They spelled “funneled money away from public schools towards her rich friends” wrong.

26 Likes

got your number Pence

2 Likes

So why’d they pass her through the committee?

4 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how schools combine religion with the prehistoric era.

15 Likes

She could be impeached. Trump could fire her. She could decide to resign.

Best bet is divine intervention from the looks of it, and I say that as an atheist.

18 Likes

Because they had two days to decide and hadn’t heard from any of their constituents. It wasn’t until Franken, et. al. started grilling her that people realized this Amway salescon was a total dolt and they should call their Senator.

5 Likes

He won’t fire her, because it’ll look bad on him. Just like he won’t fire Bannon, even though he tricked him into signing over a lot of power.

1 Like

She cleared the committee a week ago. Her hearings were three weeks ago.

3 Likes

#We are DEVOs
Let the devolution begin!

13 Likes

As someone sorta kinda wanting to a rather wonderful well adjusted and all 'round awesome person who’s transgendered…

Why the fuck are people so in a gods damned twist over this? They are people just like anyone else. You don’t make fun of someone with PTSD do you? Or depression? We have proof that nature fucks up and we have the tools to at least partially correct the problem.

Also it is my personal belief that God never puts problems up you cannot find a way around, and everyone else should just sit down shut the fuck up and remember as christians it is our duty to love and accept and leave the judgemental bullshit for the hereafter. Judging these people’s ‘worthyness’ is not our job. Yes some people are annoying. It to be blunt? That’s a human condition as opposed to creed, orientation, race, or whatever.

That said I wish to visit the type of conversion camps this bitch advocates upon her.

I am not a good christian for wanting to go fist of god on these types. I am, after all, only human.

1 Like

pretty much says it all right there.

I have friends that are teachers, I am now afraid for them.

9 Likes

Oh, is that so?

3 Likes

23 Likes

can’t give you enough likes for this!

3 Likes