Betsy DeVos quietly spends millions to promote the unpopular policies she hopes to enact as a federal official

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/19/charmless-offensives.html

4 Likes

I’m starting to feel more and more like Arya every day.

Drumpf, McConnell, DeVos, Pence, Bush…and the list goes on.

16 Likes

Or maybe like KoKo

5 Likes

Even during the Bush administration the Secretary of Education was a respected enough position that television viewers were able to accept the premise that such a person could competently serve as Head of State in the event of a Cylon attack.

bgpic_09

20 Likes

It’s horrible people like her that make me wish God was real. But it’s a catch-22. The fact that horrible people like her, Trump, Prince, and any of the dozens of other fuckers like them are able to do what they do tells me – and obviously them – that if He is real, He doesn’t give a shit what we do to each other.

I wouldn’t be surprised to discover after I die that the entire human experiment was a Rube Goldberg-esque machine designed to arrive at big screen TVs, popcorn, comfy couches, and Netflix. God is binge watching in a bathrobe.

9 Likes

I don’t always wish poverty and homelessness on people - but when I do - it’s Betsy DeVos.

20 Likes

Prince-piano-what-did-I-hear

JK, I know you mean Eric Prince…

15 Likes

So unpopular that Pence had to show up for her confirmation, freeing the Senate president pro tem to vote for the tie, and then Pence to break the tie.

8 Likes

If making undeclared campaign contributions from your own personal fortune is a crime, then spending private funds to promote the policies you favor as a federal official should also be.

11 Likes

tumblr_1e42112fad33741e2f687dde5bb06f8b_6b38a814_540

7 Likes

The BSG reboot faded in its later seasons, but that scene and much of the first season were just AMAZING. Especially
Adama:We are at WAR!
Rosalyn:The war is over and we lost.

5 Likes

I have no pleasant, peaceful wishes for Traitor Vos. I’m simply reminded of the one major down side to being an atheist: I don’t have the comfort of knowing that Vos and her brother, Eric Prince, will spend eternity burning in Hell.

3 Likes

You knew Adama was talking to a teacher in that scene because HE DONE GOT SCHOOLED.

5 Likes

All you need to know:

4 Likes

Few groups are more sickening than the super rich people who believe that wealth is a sign of God’s love. People are only poor because they are lazy and unrighteous. Of course the religious right loves this as keeping most people poor and controllable satisfies their greed for power. Selling salvation to the poor is an excellent path to wealth. Somehow I don’t think that God is going to be particularly impressed with any of them.

5 Likes

the likes of the American Enterprise Institute (previously) the National Review Institute, and dark money groups

Who all have the integrity and independence of this fellow:

sockpuppets

2 Likes
  1. Keep people stupid by gutting education so they are so susceptible to your propaganda.
  2. Make education prohibitively expensive.
  3. Profit

I hate this timeline we’re on.

4 Likes

The only way to go after rich people is to hit them where it hurts, their bank account. Do your part and submit a complaint to the FTC at www.FTC.gov and forward the below John Oliver video link to everyone you know, except current Amway IBOs, and encourage them to do the same, and so on, à la network marketing/MLM. If you don’t, then you’re part of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

Amway has 2 major problems, and most MLMs have at least one of these issues:

1. The products are overpriced, which makes them almost impossible to sell to customers and results in Amway being an illegal pyramid, according to the FTC and SEC websites and previous court decisions; and

2. The Tool Scam is hidden profit for the top level distributors only, and the vast majority of distributors operate at a net loss as a result. This is RICO fraud.

For recent examples, google “FTC” along with the following companies, one at a time: FHTM, BurnLounge, Zeek, TelexFree, Vemma, Advocare, and Herbalife. Make a complaint on the FTC website: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/?utm_source=takeaction#crnt&panel1-1

Although there is no federal law defining pyramid schemes, the FTC has a long and successful track record of using its Section 5 law prohibiting “unfair and deceptive” business practices to go after MLM scams: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/multilevel-marketing which states, in part, “Not all multilevel marketing plans are legitimate. If the money you make is based on your sales to the public, it may be a legitimate multilevel marketing plan. If the money you make is based on the number of people you recruit and your sales to them, it’s probably not. It could be a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal, and the vast majority of participants lose money.”

Read about these and much more at these websites: www.StopTheAmwayToolScam.wordpress.com and www.AllMLMFacts.org,