Better Business Bureau yanks Wells Fargo's accreditation

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/20/better-business-bureau-yanks-w.html

1 Like

Now this is on their Permanent Record!

13 Likes

But but but, they’re too big to fail! Put them on Double Secret Probation

11 Likes

I would hope this is the least of their problems.

9 Likes

Somebody has to be scapegoat, or they’ll revoke the Delta’s charter, and everyone goes down.

2 Likes

Anyone feel like going through their list to see how many of their other member companies are completely indefensible on those standards?

I’m betting that it’s close to 100%.

4 Likes

I’ll take bullet points 2-4, but I always find the ones like bullet point one misleading. I work for a Big Bank. I’m not an executive, I’m in a data processing center. I donated to Bernie. If you look at his records, that’ll show up as a donation from a Big Bank employee. Does that mean he’s beholden to Big Bank now?

5 Likes

This is the furst time I have heard of the BBB actually doing something.

6 Likes

You forgot the one that the BBB cares most about: “don’t get caught”.

4 Likes

They won’t even blink.

1 Like

…Now that is a scurrilous lie. The BBB’s MOST important standard is “The check you gave us clears.”

8 Likes

The real WTF in the article is that someone took a screenshot of a image editing program.

1 Like

“I clicked “save” and it’s not saving as a jpeg… why can’t I open it like an image? Fuck it, where’s Paint?”

1 Like

If you hold a Wells Fargo account, you should flee. That is all.

I recommend local credit unions.

P.S. The wagon’s horses have faltered. They are lame. Yer better walkin’.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.