Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive will be shut down during election

Folks, I live very close to the Hills of Bev-er-ly. All my Drs are over there so I find myself treading those streets quite a bit.
That cop’s riff is something of a sad joke to those living over there right now.
Since Covid hit, there are literally dozens of permanently closed restaurants, boutiques, dress shops, the works. Each one is boarded up. Walking through downtown Beverly on Camden is just shocking.
Some office buildings in the area are looking almost abandoned.
Even that Vanderplump Rules woman is permanently closing a couple of her restaurants, and last I saw, her Camden location too was boarded up.
It’s quite surreal to see this area looking not too much different than mid city, or a somewhat cleaner and more expensive version anyhow.
So, when the cop in chief says he’s closing the town for a few days, I can only groan in disbelief as there’s not much left to close.
Mind you, the residents are terrified. The post George Floyd expressions of anger near their homes have absolutely reminded these folks they are indeed living in the ‘real’ world.

10 Likes

Paul Manafort bought clothing on Rodeo Drive.

Eat the rich.

1 Like

Better to feed-em to the ants or crocs. But don’t toss-em into volcanoes – Pele may get indigestion and then where would we be?

People are misinterpreting this.

The commercial street is being closed so people won’t be tempted to go shopping. With nothing to do, they’ll get out and vote.

It’s a sad world that people can get distracted from voting, but studies show this is true.

1 Like

Came here for this. 100%!!

I think you might mean this:

1 Like

Exactly what I thought of.

If you want some life-affirming time on YouTube, look for “first time hearing” reaction videos of RATM. Seeing people unaware of Rage going in blind, discovering Morello’s guitar work (including the realisation that it’s just a guy with a guitar), then clocking the lyrics, the level of the references (eg when someone’s jaw drops at the Fred Hampton line in Down Rodeo), de la Rocha’s style and their continuing applicability after nearly 30 fucking years.

This one’s legendary, but there’s a fair few on YouTube for Killing In The Name Of, Know Your Enemy, Wake Up, Down Rodeo, Bulls On Parade, etc, etc. Just search for the song name and reaction.

Thanks for reaffirming what I already thought. East coast has junk like that, too (Faneuil Hall here in Boston, Time Square down in NYC, etc).

Can’t have those miscreants rousing rabbles with their skating boards.

1 Like

OH shit, I did. Doh.

Sorry, I still can’t get my head around how much the US has continued to degenerate since we left, and it wasn’t even very good before that.

3 Likes
4 Likes

The rich man’s militia part has long been true, though.

5 Likes

uh, always.

Did I say otherwise?

2 Likes

Not as such, just your phrasing left a possibility I wanted to deny.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.