Biden projected to win Arizona, adding up to 3 wins in one primary night

Biden and Bidets 2020!

Did you read my post?

Vote for Biden. He’s the lesser of two evils. Yippie skippy.

His administration, should it be elected to power, will need to be pressed to by organizing and activism. Unless, that is, you are happy with Biden continuing the Obama legacy of leading the Democrat party into retreat from power around the country to a bunch of ravenous racist fascists. In that case, things should be nice and prime for another demagog to lead us back to hell.

I don’t understand why it is obviously false. I mean, I’ll vote blue no matter who, I’m not under any illusion that I should only vote for people I agree with. But I see more agreement between the Democrats and Republicans than between the Democrats and the Progressives. For decades all the capitalist politicians have worked hand in hand to create this grotesquely inequitable society, but… what…? the Dems weren’t happy about it when they signed off on it?
Maybe the Democrats really wouldn’t mind a Sanders administration, I’ll believe it when they adopt his platform.

Every state that voted on Tuesday had a lengthy vote by mail period - a week in Florida, over two weeks in Illinois, four weeks in Arizona. Everyone who wanted to vote had a chance to vote safely. In Illinois, at least, people were urged to vote early, to avoid unnecessary exposure, and because polling place closures and delays were anticipated.

As for people who chose to wait until Election Day and vote in person, then changed their mind because all the problems that were anticipated did in fact happen… this isn’t an unprecedented situation. When there’s a snowstorm on Election Day, and lots of people can’t get to the polls because it’d be inconvenient or unsafe to do so, we don’t invalidate or extend the election as a result. Even when we don’t have plenty of advance warning. Even when we don’t have early voting.

I’m sympathetic to the idea that vote-by-mail periods should be extended this year. (Or that all voting should be by mail, in part to avoid this kind of situation.) But I’m also sympathetic to the idea that fiddling with election rules at the last minute is really damn dangerous and should be avoided.

Just to take one possible scenario: Suppose Illinois announced that they were departing from procedure and giving people another two weeks to vote by mail, citing exceptional circumstances. Suppose research then indicates that people who voted during that extended period, being largely at-risk seniors, went 3-1 for Biden over Sanders. You think the Berniesphere wouldn’t throw a huge fucking fit at this blatant example of the Democratic establishment rigging the election against Sanders? You think there wouldn’t be lawsuits?

1 Like

“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”
(Winston Churchill)

Which tells me it’s worth it to think outside the box when it comes to ALL existing forms of government.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.