Biden rejects Doocy's cherry-picking of polls

Originally published at: Biden rejects Doocy's cherry-picking of polls

3 Likes

That wasn’t Doocy. That was the woman next to him. I don’t know who she is.

5 Likes

One doesn’t even need to cherry pick among national polling to sensibly reject them:
WHY Polling is Dead, Dead, Dead.

(or said another way: Don’t trust national polls)

10 Likes

Republicans resorting to ageism to attack Biden would make a lot more sense if their candidate weren’t also a doddering octogenarian. But I guess if your audience is sufficiently untethered from reality, it doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

This was a good article, but it left out another factor-- whether or not the questions and answers mean what the pollster says it means. Polls will sometimes use questions like “Do you have a gun in your home?” and then say that the answer has something to say about the way that person would vote on an issue. I realize I’m exaggerating, but whether an answer to a question lets you infer something else is a thorny problem, too.

3 Likes

What a weird question, it’s phrased so you have to buy into this false choice, I bet they were really just trying to confuse him so they could then play up the doddering old man theme. He did about as good as anyone could in the situation. I probably would have cursed at Doocy. “What the fuck are you talking about? How bout this-- why do YOU think it’s more important people should care about abortion over my age?”

3 Likes

I think the right answer would have been something like, “Why don’t you ask that to the voters in Ohio and Virginia, because they made it clear that they are more concerned about abortion than my age. Maybe you should ask them why that is.”

10 Likes

NYTimes/Sienna College is a pretty reputable polling provider.

I like how Biden knows to treat Doocy like the dimwitted failson he is, offering to do his homework for him after giving him a lesson in One of These Things is Not Like the Other.

7 Likes

I’m amazed that Biden (and Karine, for that matter) have never been annoyed enough to answer Doocy’s questions with their own questions, e.g., “Gee, I don’t know. Why does most of America think you’re an insipid useless asshole who got his fake journalist job by riding on his daddy’s coattails?”

3 Likes

Tbf Turnip is at the moment a doddering septuagenarian. Octogenarian status comes for him in June 2026 if he, you know, doesn’t die of natural causes or something before then

hamberders GIF

2 Likes

The apple peanut doesn’t fall far from the tree turd.

1 Like

That poses the question of why a few days after that poll, the GOP took a spanking in the elections this week.

3 Likes

I’d vote for Joe Biden’s corpse before I’d vote for any of the GOP candidates currently running.

4 Likes

Or more simply, what does the right to choose what to do with your own body have to do with my age?

3 Likes

Does that mean they are just a bit more picky about what they accept when performing their GIGO rituals?

Bingo. The voters can’t do anything about Biden’s age but they can still protect their rights with their vote.

If the choice is between one old white man and another old white man, we should vote for the one who at least stands for stuff we believe in.

3 Likes

It seems fairly obvious to me, frankly- abortion access will be a thing people want to have forever. Biden’s age is a much more temporary concern. But they also have little to do with each other.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.