Big Data analysis from the White House: understanding the debate

[Permalink]

Obama Complains That TPP Critics Are ‘Conspiracy Theorists’ Who 'Lack Knowledge’ About Negotiations - that his administration has kept closed.

1 Like

“the critical Big Data think/do tank Data and Society”

Think/do tank? I’d not run into that one before. Predictably, after looking it up, I find that it’s a term coined by think tanks, worried about “losing relevancy” (ie: their funding). So this year, they’re putting fins on it. Bravo!

2 Likes

The use of Big Data to track people and murder them – and/or innocent bystanders – through drone attacks. That is Obama’s legacy.

1 Like

Prediction - it will be portrayed as being merely polarizing anyway

@doctorow: I wouldn’t mention it otherwise, but Boyd is a slug and so I must defend the honor of her capitalized name. Check the writeup and correct, won’t you please?

Edit: Read the article and I notice that she does not capitalize her own name, so press on with pride. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa…except to say maybe fix it so it is consistent in the writeup?

I think he was being consistent. The only times it’s capitalized is when it’s used as the first word in a sentence.

1 Like

Wow. A double mea culpa. Nothing to see here folks, move along:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.