Big gallery of toy cigarettes and pipes for kids

Anyone remember Tobar, the eighth man (a cartoon from the 60’s)? He had special cigarettes that he used to recharge his super powers.

No, but that’s an A-level evil marketing genius effort. Makes me wonder if the Popeye effect in spinach sales was ever measured.

1 Like

That was before my time, but it sounds hilarious.

“Power level low…must…get…smooth…tasting…Lucky Strikes®.”

“You thought you could defeat me Villian by taking away my smokes, but you didn’t plan on my sidekick Billy puffing away behind me. Secondhand powers activate!”

2 Likes

What does the chest x-ray say about his power level?

It’s over 9,000!!!

And now… the Unstoppable Cough Power!!!

The villainous Nick O’Teen?

2 Likes

Yes! That’s the bloke!

I firmly blame the cognitive dissonance caused by this and the Superman sweet ciggies for my 3-lighter-a-week habit later on.

In Australia we combined classy lollies encouraging children to smoke, with our unfortunate slang term for cigarettes…

Funnily enough “Can I bum a fag?” is a perfectly acceptable statement amongst even the most homophobic smoker here.

I’m pretty sure the red pennies and red fish your thinking of are this sort of candy:

They’re a lot stickier and taste different than the pipes. The pipes are just standard licorice red or black, could be had as Scottie dogs, amorphous chunks, strings, sticks, and other shapes. You’d be unlikely to lose a tooth to most American red licorice.

1 Like

You can still but the Kings candy cigarettes. I bought some a few weeks ago.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.