It’s 4/20 and these pipes, grinders, and vapes can help you celebrate the right way

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/its-4-20-and-these-pipes-g.html

Wow, same day delivery, presumably?

Also yes, that sure does “look exactly like a red and white ball.”

3 Likes

Stacey Keach, in Cheech and Chongs Nice Dreams, early vaping on film (from 1981)

Said vaping turning him into an iguana

4 Likes

I was coming to say the same thing. This is some timely pander… ahem… advertising.

1 Like

I thought the twisty glass blunt is where it’s at?

1 Like

You gotta move with the times if you want to stay trendy.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure he was smoking a motorized pipe that blows the smoke after it’s lit. I haven’t seen one in over 20 years…

1 Like

2fry6y

4 Likes

I remember is when I saw that movie in college, the first thought of my friends and I were “Where do you get one of those!”.

I know there are a wide range of Pokemon fans, but using a pokeball for your weed grinder design seems dangerously close to marketing drug paraphernalia to little kids.

2 Likes

The best way to celebrate vaping is to stop, and live longer. As a retired Federal public health program official specializing in addictions, I find this post to be rather mercenary. Nicotine is probably the most addictive substance regularly consumed by humans. It is neurotoxic, which can give some people a brief mild feeling of alertness or concentration. For that “high” users pay a very high price to feed their addiction ($3,000 or more annually). In every way available today, the inhalation of nicotine either smoked in tobacco or vaped via mechanical device, users are at risk of lung damage that is life-shortening. There are no federal safety standards for vaping devices or for the fluids used in vaping. There is no guarantee that it is even infused with nicotine.

During the past several years, young vapers have died miserably as a result of defective devices and contaminated vapors. Smoking is dumb. Vaping is slightly less dumb. Both will adversely impact your health as you age.

4 Likes

Here’s a modern, industrial-sized version

1 Like

COVID-19 really goes for nice, young, vaping lungs and not in a good way.

2 Likes

I coughed just looking at that!

I made one using an old windscreen washer pump. Probably a bad idea, but so was lots of stuff I did then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.