Big Tex, the “World’s Tallest Cowboy”

Originally published at: Big Tex, the "World's Tallest Cowboy" | Boing Boing

1 Like
2 Likes

I feel like I just had a Primus hallucination.

9 Likes

Big Tex: “EveRYthInG iS bIGGer iN TExAs!”

Golden Driller: Pats Big Tex on the head.

2 Likes

used to love big tex as a wee child! then, 10 years ago, the tall feller burnt to a crisp:

11 Likes

It sounds like they built a new one to replace him the following year.

I have fond memories of Big Tex from when I was younger, but I haven’t made it back to the State Fair of Texas in a couple of decades. I should remedy that.

10 Likes

I once got to see Big Tex in person, but I still marvel at the apocalyptic beauty of seeing photos of him in flames several years back. That was truly a wild moment in Texas State Fair history!

4 Likes

Flashback to when I lived in Dallas. I went to the state fair and saw Big Tex. The following weekend, either one or two people died on one of the rides…

Found it!

2 Likes

I remember shortly after he burned to the ground, the State Fair Committee put out a fundraiser to help replace him. Which I thought was complete BS since a) I imagine the Fair makes plenty of $$$ each and every year through ticket sales, food, booze and attractions and b) insurance?!

Anyway, afterwards, his head was sold off for $1100 (so I heard). The guy that bought it sets him out every Christmas, head impaled on the rooftop.

3 Likes

Ah, but do you know about Heather Jo, aka Big Tex’s girl?

2 Likes

HOOOWDY FOLKS!

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

Yes. It is a complete sentence.

2 Likes

Why, that’s worse than what Paw tried to do…

The 911 call was great!

Big Tex even starred in an episode of King of The Hill.

5 Likes

Here are the first words of the “New” Big Tex September 27, 2013.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.