18,000 cattle killed in Texas barn fire, the deadliest mass death of cattle in two decades

Originally published at: 18,000 cattle killed in Texas barn fire, the deadliest mass death of cattle in two decades | Boing Boing

3 Likes

My kid is addicted to Minecraft, so this headline triggered the intrusive thought “1.19 automatic beef farm”

9 Likes

Methane buildup explosion?

4 Likes

I thought I felt a disturbance in The Force.

4 Likes

“South Fork Dairy and BBQ”

Love And Listings Ajani GIF by VH1

11 Likes

18,000 cattle killed in Texas barn factory fire, the deadliest mass death of cattle in two decades .
Fixed that for you.

19 Likes

Voting for deregulation of industry continues to result in predictable outcomes.

16 Likes

Cue the zombie cow movie announcements.

1 Like

Poor cows :cry:

18 Likes

curious, as a comparison, how long it takes the cattle industry to kill that many for food purposes.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Uh, you got a permit for that fire?

My local authority explicitly prohibits this on their Open Burning Permits page.

Well, maybe live animals are viewed differently.

2 Likes

About 5 hours.

3 Likes

ugh, that’s far quicker than i expected :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

According to a quick search, about 890,000 per day are slaughtered worldwide, so a little less than half an hour.

1 Like

According to the BBC story

Mr Rivera [a sheriff] told KFDA that investigators believed the fire might have started with a machine referred to as a “honey badger”, which he described as “vacuum that sucks the manure and water out”.

I some how missed this. Jesus Christ, that’s bad!

How long before this news is turned into an excuse for any dairy related industry (regardless of whether or not they’d use milk from this outfit) to immediately claim supply chain issues as an excuse to raise prices temporarily and then never bring them down?

And how long before Faux News blames it personally on Biden?

Pre charbroiled.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.