Bikes shipped in boxes with TV set printed on box suffer less delivery damage

If you never open it, it can exist in a state of being damaged and undamaged at the same time.

10 Likes

I doubt the shipping company guys think: “this package is cheap, doesn’t matter if I break it.” Rather I imagine they think that a bicycle is just a bunch of welded metal, so hey, we can just drop that one out of the back rather than having to lower it carefully.

6 Likes

Because that literally does not appear to be the issue. They didn’t say they changed shipping materials, they say they put a picture on their same box.

Putting a picture on the box meant that shippers took better care of it. Why they take better care of one box or another is the issue, not “use a different box.”

If one person got into seventeen car wrecks in a year you wouldn’t tell everyone else to drive a safer car, would you?

5 Likes

Can I watch the show, Schrodinger’s Bike on Schrodinger’s TV?

2 Likes

Heh! Think you were replying to @Mister44, though.

I’d just tell them to quit brake-checking and cruising in the passing lane.

6 Likes

I just received a large ceramic platter that was shipped in a TV box (broke an old one of my mother-in-law’s)… I assumed that it was because the box used nice double-fluted cardboard, but perhaps the shipper was playing the psych angle.

6 Likes

I hate mayonnaise. Loathe it. Even the smell makes me cringe.

When I got out to eat I found saying “no mayo please” had about a 33% failure rate. But when I said, “no mayo please, I’m allergic”, the failure rate when to 0%.

7 Likes

It’s all about keeping something like that upright, which they’ll do with a TV, less so anything else even with “This end up” arrows.

1 Like

Oh yeah?!? Hold my beer and watch.

3 Likes

They did, they printed a TV on the box, which it turns out gets your stuff there in one piece. Ergo: better shipping materials. For cheap.

6 Likes

Yes, but only if the TV is neither on nor off (or, one supposes, if you’re not in the same room as it).

1 Like

I’m guessing this is a “class” issue. A way of taking passive-agressive economic revenge.

1 Like

Truth in advertising.

Well, presumably previously they didn’t know what it was and assumed a certain degree of sturdiness (that wasn’t the case), but now they’re seeing them as something both fragile and expensive.

I’ve also read that it’s better to label a delicate parcel “GLASS” rather than “FRAGILE”

1 Like

Couldn’ hoyt.

2 Likes

Cycling doesn’t fit the narrative.

7 Likes

VanMoofs range from $750-$2500. 70"-80" TVs at Costco range from $1250-$5450.

2 Likes

What happens if you use “atheist”-branded packing tape when sending items via USPS?

See here:
https://www.atheistberlin.com/study

4 Likes