Man videos postal worker abusing box full of delicate computer components

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/man-videos-postman-abusing-box.html

3 Likes

“get fired”

yeah, right. postal workers not only can’t get fired … if you complain you are fucked by a bunch of underpaid delivery grunts for life.

2 Likes

Better privatize 'em fast huh guys

Ugh

2 Likes

I’m gonna wear 20 lbs of postage while also trying to stay balanced and wrangle a 40 lb box. Because it’s faster?

1 Like

I know someone who works for the USPS, I can ask if someone like that would be fired or not.

Though I know someone else who ended up getting a PO Box because she had so many issues getting her mail.

5 Likes

My parents neighbourhood had drunken mail carrier for years. Some times he wouldn’t finish the route or show up 11pm at night. Complaining would get him time off paid to join rehab for 6 months but the stress of deliverying letters would always cause him to relapse. Eventually, unrelated to the mail carrier, my parents retired and moved away.

2 Likes

Instead of video recording this, why not open the window and offer to help. Obviously he was struggling with a cumbersome package with no handholds. SMH.

9 Likes

Or he could of used the dolly/hand truck every USPS trucks have just for this sort of situation. SMH.

18 Likes

Exactly. Thank you.

Final punishment for habitual/cumulatively abusive package delivery folks…

8 Likes

Complaining about shit like this just seems so petty. Someone is delivering something straight to your door, you’ll be fine. You’re doing fine.

2 Likes

You are sounding a smidge petty friend.

2 Likes

“Videos” is a verb? Really? I know we should be getting away from “videotapes” or “tapes” but is using “records” that confusing to people?

I’ve had similar experiences with USPS. A few years ago I ordered some large heavy storage racks from Amazon. They were delivered FedEx with USPS for “the last mile.” They arrived severely abused with pieces missing. After a couple attempts I canceled the order and got them delivered problem free from Home Depot.

Now in that case it could have been FedEx that broke the packages too. However when I caught the USPS delivery guy dropping one very damaged package off and asked him about it he couldn’t have cared less.

These days my experience is that for anything large, heavy, or time sensitive UPS and Amazon delivery are the most reliable. FedEx and USPS have all failed on one or more of those counts for me in the past month.

3 Likes

I used to deliver bulk packaging while in school, all the stuff UPS, USPS, FedEx etc. wouldn’t deliver due to bulk rates. 30 big boxes of diapers is one thing, but this guy is pitiful.

5 Likes

Except you’re paying them to deliver it with a reasonable level of care. They aren’t fulfilling their part of the contract.

26 Likes

In my experience, it’s like going to the grocery for eggs, and instead of handing them to you, the clerk just tosses them at you. Every damned day.
It’s hard to have any control over what happens upstream. That’s why I carried packing tape in my truck.

5 Likes

I understand the frustration of your stuff showing up in a beat up box, but the video makes me feel bad for the carrier. He looks like he’s having a bad day and is struggling with the package. If this is a common problem for this particular carrier, then I feel bad that he’s apparently stuck in a job that’s not a good match for him.

Were the contents actually damaged?

When I lived in a 2nd floor apartment, the UPS delivery person would throw my boxes up onto my balcony, even in the rain. Most of those were laser discs and camera equipment, so I was pretty upset. But, ya know, nothing was ever damaged, so maybe it wasn’t such a big deal.

4 Likes

Everyone seems petty until it’s your expensive shit that gets trashed. Then it becomes a “Problem™”.

6 Likes

18 Likes