Bill Shine, former Fox News exec, is out as Trump’s communications strategist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/bill-shine-out-of-trump-white.html

Chris Hayes put it best: “Luckily for Bill Shine there are lots of organizations desperate for someone whose core competency is covering up sexual harassment.”

6 Likes

I have not being paying close attention but haven’t the “campaign jobs” been used as payoff for silence by this administration?

12 Likes

That was my immediate reaction too. Not just as a payoff, but as a way to have an NDA too.

“Here take this job with the campaign for $$$, all you have to do is sign this NDA to never say anything ever.”

Wasn’t there something about them originally requiring NDA for everyone but that it wasn’t legal for a government employee to require it? While as a campaign employee, it’s no longer restricted.

10 Likes

I guess tRump hasn’t taken a shine to him anymore.

2 Likes

How many resignations or firings is that, now?

3 Likes

“You have to keep my secrets. I’ll put you in the communications department.”

Yeah, that makes sense.

3 Likes

For a while, Maddow was keeping a running tally, but I think she stopped keeping track after one of the 4 large-format displays behind her desk that they were using to show all the names crashed mid-segment.

6 Likes

And every time one of these people gets the boot they are inevitably replaced by someone even less competent as the pool of people willing to work for Trump grows smaller.

8 Likes

Given that Trump has basically acted as his own communications director and I doubt he’ll actually backfill this position, this couldn’t be more true.

2 Likes

I bet this was just a bit of theater on their part though… yes, it’s a lot of people quitting or getting canned, but I doubt the number would crash a computer… Honestly, if it was some theater, this illustrates why I tend to steer away from MSNBC as much as I do Fox (or to a lesser extent) CNN… It’s not useful for actually understanding what’s happening and more about hyper-partisanship that’s not very helpful to our current set of problems…

3 Likes

So Bill’s star does not shine so brightly in the Trump firmament.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.