Billboard promises sedation

Fixed That for You

29 Likes

I totally heard the song in my mind, upon reading the post title.

12 Likes

That one, yes. usually no. :joy:

Nitrous margaritas? Sounds too good, I’d have no teeth left.

That one was the best.

8 Likes

Came to the comments to post this link, well done (gender appropriate version of ‘sir’)!

4 Likes

I love my dentist.

Before her, every dentist had at least one mean hygienist. The one mean hygienist who even on a good day would make you consider not just sedation but having all your teeth removed. God help you on bad day.

But my current dentist doesn’t have that! She specifically screens for this, and she does a good job of it. I have actually fallen asleep during a cleaning.

The one downside is she has me coming in three times a year for a cleaning instead of two, but (especially since I tend to have a lot of tartar buildup) that doesn’t bother me so much.

5 Likes

Like you’re under sedation!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f70b4a2d-e78b-4aab-a6d2-69d8f0582d0b

4 Likes

I’ve seen similar ‘sedation available’ billboard signs here in SoCal.

I’ve lived here ~30 years. Most unnecessary billboard I’ve ever seen in my life.

3 Likes

Wow, these people never do drugs.

Oh to be young and square

3 Likes

I have the exact same issue, facial nerves somewhat opposite of what dentists etc are taught. This first became an issue when having a tooth extracted for braces when I was 12. I was over the legal limit for Novocaine dosage though parents wrote it off as “expired” medicine from a cheap dentist.

Decades of no dental issues go by then a tooth cracks, need a root canal and crown. Both periodontist and dentist bugged out- the former was a jacka** but the dentist took it as a personal challenge and was rather pumped to figure it out (although I’ve told him several times). I was at the legal limit for Novocaine yet again.

7 Likes

I wasn’t sedated, but I was numbed the hell up. But thanks to dental insurance and going regularly, I have made a 180 degree change with dental health and my hygienist keeps giving me “good job” stickers.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I hope I’m alive to see when psychotropics become a norm for treating depression, etc.

So many expanded consciousnesses. /s

9 Likes

12 Likes

Just knock me out until merkin von bankrupt is outta office.

3 Likes

I like the way you did it better. Just something about the way you post /s. :grin:

2 Likes

Sedation is kinda beside the point.

1 Like

My teeth are the only part of me that isn’t seriously fucked up. Forty-five years and I’ve never even had a cavity filled, despite heavy abuse (booze, cigarettes, a decade of regular meth use, etc) and only visiting the dentist once every ten years or so.

They’re a medical miracle, really. I should donate my head to a dentistry museum or something.

10 Likes

“We offer varying degrees of anesthesia, all without a trained anesthesiologist!”

Or at least that’s how I read it.

Modern anesthesia is pretty darn safe, but not without risk, particularly if you have any underlying health issues. I’m not a fan of anesthesia for things like routine dentistry.

I haven’t done a lit search on the topic, but I wonder what the rate of anesthetic complications is in dental offices (without an anesthesiologist) vs facilities with.

4 Likes

Nice of him to wash his hands first.

2 Likes

He’s a homicidal maniac, but a professional through and through.

5 Likes