Ontario's low-budget Trump-alike wants to eliminate sedation for people getting colonoscopies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/05/premier-rectal-probe.html

1 Like
67 Likes

I’ve just been asked for a poop sample instead.
They didn’t offer me sedation for that.
I’d take it if they did.
“I want to be sedated.”

1 Like

This is me - signing every damned petition against this bloated dickwad. Let it end. Please, let it end.

typing_blood_animated

26 Likes

Now the world has jumped the shark.

1 Like

I was gonna say, he can go first if he thinks it’s not necessary. Put his money where his asshole is.

19 Likes

Doug’s nickel and dime bumblefuck math will probably cost more.

12 Likes

My mother has had multiple colonoscopies, one of which nearly killed her. Lucky she was in a hospital which could give her life saving surgery. All I can say is are you fucking kidding me. I have seen the hell my mother goes through with sedation.

12 Likes

Poor and working-class Ontarians who voted for Ford have just made literal the figurative reward their counterparts around the world always get when they vote for a conservative: a cold raw shafting.

16 Likes

Wouldn’t Ford’s mouth also be considered an asshole? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

North Americans are the only population group on the planet that regularly get colonoscopies with sedation. I’d venture that’s true in America mostly cuz we’ve inherited a boofed up Puritan mindset that tells us this medical procedure is somehow sexual. So knock us out and think of England.

I only did it without sedation because I did a little research before I got my first one a few years ago. There’s some modest “cramp”-like pain when the doc goes around the two corners, but otherwise it’s very simple. And you get to watch it all and say hi to your appendix. And then get up, walk out, and drive yourself home.

Frankly, you have to be a better skilled doctor to do the procedure with an unsedated patient – because they can’t do it like a Roto-Rooter visit. That’s the reason American medicine basically doesn’t allow it done without sedation.

9 Likes

Ow! Fuck dat mate

1 Like

I think karma dictates he die of easily preventable colon cancer

2 Likes

4 Likes

Obligatory;

Even more obligatory:

What an asshole; pun intended.

ETA:

Dammit.

18 Likes

Penny"wise" and pound foolish. Sure, he’ll save some money, but how much will he cost?

2 Likes

Good lord, I think that was the first gif I ever saved to my computer… in, I don’t know, 2003? Earlier? I hope the original creator is out there somewhere having a good day.

3 Likes

Considering what comes out of his potty mouth, sure.

I’ve got them on the list…

7 Likes

… and as my wistful consideration of Canada as being my escape-from-US fantasy slowly evaporates…

10 Likes

Doug - if you really want to save money - just stop wasting money on health care for people over the age of 53.

2 Likes