Billionaire Bloomberg won't have to disclose finances until late March

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/18/billionaire-bloomberg-wont-h.html

3 Likes

I mean trump didn’t ever disclose his financials. What would force bloomberg into disclosing, if he doesn’t feel like it?

Billionaires shouldn’t exist.

#eattherich

17 Likes

Gee, I think we’ve heard this song before…

12 Likes

11 Likes

Thanks Bloomy, the late night comics are going to eat you alive…

tumblr_f629d8a8b598dcf86a907dbadd5ec78a_408bc51f_540

16 Likes

It would also be interesting to see how he invested his money over the last few years: gas & oil sector, holdings in China and/or Russia…

9 Likes

If one didn’t already know that the FEC is a toothless and compromised when it comes to policing wealthy candidates in both duopoly parties, this should confirm it.

14 Likes

All those resources, all that supposed competence and he can’t manage to file a report.

7 Likes

Democratic voters—but only if they feel like it. Here’s hoping the Dems do a better job demanding transparency and accountability from their own side than the Republicans do.

8 Likes

Bloomberg isn’t running to be king of the democrats. He wants to be president of everyone. There ought to be strict laws about this that are enforced by empowered regulators.

8 Likes

Let’s just be honest and realize that his point is to run against Sanders, not Trump.

7 Likes

Oh that’s weird. When I, a non-billionaire, don’t plan ahead for the “complexity of my holdings” and fail to start my forms in time for the deadline, I’m shit out of luck. Fuck you Bloomberg, and grow a pair, FEC.

10 Likes

While I don’t want Bloomberg to be the nominee, it would be hilarious to watch the dick measuring contest of “I showed them mine, now show us yours.” (With regards to financial records.

6 Likes

BTW: Bloomy dumped near 300 millions dollars of his own money into his campaign, problem is, that is US tax payer money he stole from tRump’s billionaire welfare tax break, it ain’t his money he’s blowing, it is your’s and mine…

9 Likes

ANYONE, and I do mean ANYONE but 4 more years of lil don trump. You think that orange bastard is bad now? Imagine him UNRESTRAINED by anything. He literally WOULD “shoot someone on 5th avenue” and there’d be nothing anyone could do to stop him. People complaining about Bloomberg “buying the election” keep in mind he has already pledged to put his resources behind WHOMEVER is the candidate. Again, ANYONE but trump.

This is the lower bar that even Trump cleared. Trump was getting heat for not disclosing his full tax returns, Bloomberg is avoiding the cursory anti-bribery filings.

1 Like

Sure, but that hardly means we aren’t allowed to criticize any Democratic candidates before the party even chooses a nominee.

8 Likes

Has he discussed his plans for putting his holdings in a blind trust, or divesting yet?

7 Likes

I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t care what’s in his financial disclosures as it pertains to the election. I’m not voting for him in the primary, anyway. Now, if there’s anything there that indicates criminal activity, then yeah, I’m interested, but not because of the election.

3 Likes

he can’t figure out financial disclosure forms and yet he thinks he’s qualified to be the chief executive? yikes.

5 Likes