Billionaire Hedge fund manager Leon Cooperman is furious that poor people have received tiny checks to keep their kids from starving

Originally published at: Billionaire Hedge fund manager Leon Cooperman is furious that poor people have received tiny checks to keep their kids from starving | Boing Boing

16 Likes
45 Likes

87 Likes

Well the good news is that Reddit is gonna target him and Omega Advisors next

39 Likes

“Sitting home and getting checks from the government.” The only people getting checks like that right now are unemployed, either because of a global pandemic, or because people just like him manipulated the market and killed the company they work for.

People are trying to make money, which we’ve all been told is the reason the stock market exists. Of course, we’ve also been told the police are there to help you, that the justice system is fair, and he really does have a penis larger than four inches, honest.

66 Likes

Here’s one libertarian, anti-government intervention guy that wants to be the 1st to string up this entitled self-important ahole.

23 Likes

Hopefully this will be featured in a campaign ad, with a caption “This is what Republicans support. This guy.”

32 Likes

Okay. Know any good shanties?

19 Likes

Why exactly should we care about you, Leon? Unless you don’t have enough money for food, shelter, and health care of course, but I strongly suspect you do. So I repeat, why?

35 Likes

Eschaton

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Money Is Wasted On The Rich

Who cares what he’s saying, I’m just horrified that this (according to Wikipedia) 77-year old man worth THREE BILLION DOLLARS is going to spend one second of his life thinking about this bullshit and zooming into CNBC to talk about it. YOU CAN AFFORD TO DO ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING AT ALL!!!

Atrios at 17:00

30 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

50 Likes

“It’s just a way of attacking wealthy people…”

• Someone whose existence is an attack on poor people
57 Likes

This guy is 77 years old and has enough money to be able to spend $1 million EVERY single day for next 9 years.

According to Wikipedia he has signed the The Giving Pledge, but I am getting the impression his heart is not in it.

37 Likes

And here I was hoping that he was furious because the checks weren’t larger…

17 Likes

Like, what the hell is he talking about? What is an attack on wealthy people? Most of those bills are going to corporations. “Fair share”? Like taxes? You fuckers have the lowest taxes in decades. Is there a longer clip so I can see WTF he is talking about?

25 Likes

Anything short of Scottish-level swearing is not going to be adequate to respond appropriately to this.

28 Likes

Not counting what he will “earn” from his investments.

Or he could spend half of that on himself, and use the other $500,000/day to support about 7000 families at the poverty level.

26 Likes

the idea that a “fair share” of the economy for the little guy is any more than they’ve already got

14 Likes

I thought this was not in the context of stimulus checks, but in the context of the Reddit traders outwitting folks like him with GameStop.

6 Likes

Corporate Welfare Queen Leon Cooperman. FACT!

28 Likes