Biohacker Aaron Traywick found dead in flotation tank at age 28

Superpowers from Heroin? (People on the scene mentioned “drug paraphernalia” )

2 Likes

Lots of heroines have superpowers!

7 Likes

But not Heroin - chic heroines. Those are harrowing.

2 Likes

That’s why I am a biohacker-hacker. Would you like to subscribe to my newsletter?

Do you think that is what he was going for?

But are they good boys? Are they good boys?

Given his profession I want more details before I take “drug paraphernalia” seriously.
What, he had syringes, you say? Who would have imagined! *rolls eyes*

1 Like

So the herpes is cured, then?

3 Likes

So Traywick convinced an HIV patient to quit tested medication and inject himself with Traywick’s snake oil?

Not feeling too sorry he eliminated himself from the gene pool.

5 Likes

Biohackers are to actual biologists as David Hahn (the “radioactive boy scout”) is to nuclear physicists.

2 Likes

Well, technically…

2 Likes

I tried floating a few times; it sounded lovely and relaxing and no one could bother me. But it wasn’t for me. Mostly the humidity made my nose stuff up. And now I am thinking about being in a tank where someone died so I’m definitely not going back.

5 Likes

Wow that thing looks creepy, like how I imagine they retire people in the Logan’s Run universe. Everything about that ad from the British accent to the LED lighting screams science fiction nightmare.

1 Like

1 Like

Thank God he didn’t turn green and start smashing a city bloc

1 Like

Although initially acting merely as messenger, and am not defending no one—you’ve now intrigued me.

Are you saying he convinced another adult to do something that this adult didn’t want to do or convinced someone in an incapable state to rightly make that choice?

1 Like

No, but it seems highly likely that the individual was misled by this delusional charlatan. As a scientist (albeit not a biologist), I take a dim view of scientists or frauds who mislead people for their own ends or hubris.

Consequently, I have little sympathy that his own delusional beliefs probably led to his own demise. Though if you catch me in a charitable mood, I’d wish he had the mental health treatment he probably required, as perhaps both could have been spared.

3 Likes

I share in your anti-charlatan stance and equally think that misleading someone who is living with an incurable disease is not a one way black and white street, if you will, when weighing all the factors he’s both having to long view and short view contemplate.

1 Like

Death by woo-woo quackery

1 Like

I tried it too, but couldn’t help wondering just who’d been in it before and what they’d done there, and just how clean the water was, as opposed to how flushed out it supposedly was. Yuck.