Trump lies, 'They’ve come up with the AIDS vaccine'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/16/trump-theyve-come-up-wi.html

5 Likes

Looking forward to Sarah Cooper’s take.

12 Likes

#SCIENCE!

Oh, wait.

:face_vomiting:

14 Likes

I’m guessing he’s referring to dexamethasone, which is neither a vaccine nor for AIDS.

It’s certainly good news that it can reduce risk of death in COVID-19 by up to 1/3, but what contortions they are going to spin to appease DT’s need to never be wrong, I can’t begin to imagine.

14 Likes

Oh, he’s just kidding around…

16 Likes

Every time I think we are handling Covid-19 badly in the UK Trump opens his mouth and shows that it could be worse.

30 Likes

Vaccines are notoriously difficult to develop against infections that specifically target the immune system’s cells. It may be an entirely inapplicable concept against such infections.

Another type of immunization (transferring the genetic immunity that about 2% of people have) might work against such diseases, though.

5 Likes

Never assume he’s talking about anything real, because he often - usually, even - isn’t. (Sometimes things he says exist parallel to reality, but that’s more of a coincidence, really.)

29 Likes

Clearly it’s getting harder and harder for his minions to animate his corpse into something resembling a human being. This is only going to get worse, folks.

16 Likes

They = Scientists/Aliens?

Here lies Trump; and lies and lies and lies.

9 Likes

It makes me wonder if his handlers have an ongoing game of “Trump Bingo”. This one could easily check off a few squares:

-Spews nonsensical scientific “facts”
-Downplays the severity of a disease
-Doubles down on prior statement

&c

15 Likes

Still no vaccine for stupid.

33 Likes

No, Atlanteans

2 Likes

Hey, Texas is a great state; the best. I’m sure those brave sons of Atlanta are working on the vaccine right now.

9 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Donald Trump that wasn’t wrong with him when he was 18 years old. He has spent his entire life in a reality and consequence free bubble, and his brain has never had to associate words with anything but the reaction of his audience.

20 Likes

He’s clinically stupid, isn’t he?

15 Likes

I certainly don’t recommend making that a drinking game. You’d be an alcoholic by mid-week.

8 Likes

And it’s not even. “We” who’ve come up with this nonexistent vaccine, but “They”. Heroism is clearly someone else’s job, even the fantasy kind.

8 Likes

Nah, dead from alcoholic poisoning by mid-day. Hard-core alcoholics might be able to survive until the afternoon.

10 Likes

You can tell when his brain is starting to rebel against something he is saying that is wrong. But he usually just keeps on powering through whatever shit he’s saying.

11 Likes