Bipartisan Congress blocks Jeff Sessions' plan to revive civil asset forfeiture

That sounds like a challenge.

1 Like

Obligatory dildo crime tidbit:

There are bunch of reasons that US-allied interests want to overthrow Assad, which have nothing to do with a free and democratic process. The gas attack is just as likely to have been a false flag against Assad, and unless you happen to have been there with firsthand evidence, you can’t prove one way or the other.

Gabbard has opposed arms sales to Saudi Arabia, and the ongoing genocide being committed by them. And she is opposed to the incessant war mongering of the neo-neocons.

Oh, and she sponsored legislation to block civil asset forfeiture. But perhaps you don’t mind when the police steal your things.

Think what you like, but she is one of the few sane voices in Washington.

Any “sanity” on her part is coincidence and not based on her values. Much like Rand Paul’s absolutist opposition to foreign intervention is based on american selfishness rather than any respect for the lives of non-americans.

2 Likes

“Even a broken clock is right twice a day” :slight_smile:

You need someone like Trump to be actually wrong all the time, that takes effort. :smiley:

2 Likes

It finally dawned on me, if you want to know Trump’s plan, you have only to ask, “Was Obama for it?” Trump is therefore against it. “Was Obama against it?” Trump will be for it. It’s really that simple. ACA. DACA. Transgender people in the military. Dozens of other examples exist.

Once I started applying this metric to everything Trump did, it all became clear. Crazy and simplistic as it sounds, I’m convinced his presidency is fundamentally a personal vendetta against Obama’s legacy. It’s the only clear guiding principle in his actions so far.

3 Likes

That pretty much is the case.

Some of it was revenge:

1 Like

This is the moment. Any future book about the Trump presidency will have to lay its foundation on this moment. Trump felt humiliated, and he is too small a man to take this well-deserved ribbing.

I know it sounds preposterous, but it really isn’t, when you understand Trump’s pathological narcissistic disorder. And no, I’m no doctor. You don’t have to be a farmer to recognize a jackass.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.