Bizarre CCTV footage of gas station shoplifters

My brother sent me the video for this a few days ago and its really something to behold. Definitely needs some yaketty sax or a crappy overdub

2 Likes

I don’t think that I could survive one day of being police.

I think that having to interact with people more boneheaded than me regularly for just even eight hours would break me.

2 Likes

Have they visited Florida recently?

1 Like

Obligatory:

(apologies for the crappy unavoidable ad at the beginning)
2 Likes

It’s not that strange. While I do think too many police shootings are unjustified, most interactions, even when people are running around, hiding in ceilings, don’t end in shots fired. I think it’s important to remember that.

Does it alter your stereotype about Canadians? :wink:

1 Like

Never heard this - but liked how they worked in Ode to Joy.

1 Like

It doesn’t alter my stereotype in the least. But then, I am Canadian.

3 Likes

First of all, they had white skin. Also, the cop seemed to be just trying to keep a handle on the situation, not get into a bloodfest.

Odd that it happened in Spruce Grove, not what I would consider a hotbed of crime and misery.

Just for the record, I work with a lot of cops, and many of them are boneheadedly stupid. They can put on an act like they are normally intelligent but if you talk to them for five minutes it goes south pretty quick.

Certainly some smart ones but they are few and far between.

2 Likes

It’s a real testament to the training from the RCMP that no one was shot or beaten and yet they were both apprehended. Funny how that can work.

2 Likes

She left the other on the bent shelf.

The original, with stills from the movie, are on YouTube.

Holy shit that’s a lot of meth.

I think those two have had quite enough meth already.

2 Likes

good thing she wasn’t wearing high heels :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow, do I have to be the one to say it? (or maybe I didn’t read the comments closely enough)
But- clearly Canada and white folks. Otherwise, had this been anywhere in the US with non-white folks there would have been a nasty clean up near the beer cooler. Just saying.

2 Likes

This truly made my day! The drama! The action! The suspense!

1 Like

The aristocrats!

2 Likes

ah - “hotpants” now I remember…

which? oddly? not featured in the James Brown appearance singing the song of same name…

1 Like

Makes sense - she obviously sold it to the ceiling-vendor for drug money, so of course it showed up in store inventory.

wes anderson calling quentin …well, did you watch that?