Cops say Florida woman climbed into store ceiling to hide from them

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/07/cops-say-florida-woman-climbed.html

7 Likes

Florida Woman? Yes, it’s a thing.

14 Likes

There are two sides to every story, and she’s now got second-story experience.

13 Likes

Ceiling cat is not amused.

24 Likes

“Okay everybody, call off the search, we’re leaving now!”
/walk in place, noisily stomping feet, less noisy, softly, gently fading into silence
“Gotcha!”

14 Likes

There is nothing new under the sun.

Full story here:

13 Likes

Save Bandit!

1 Like

In video games that strategy totally always works.

Maybe we’ve figured out a crime we really can pin on video games. Finally! Yay!

1 Like

1c3

2 Likes

fool - you have to climb into the ducts, not the ceiling!

3 Likes

Deputies removed tiles from several spots in a five-hour effort to catch Perkins. The news release says she ignored commands to come down and instead moved to other sections of the ceiling.

This kind of sounds like that game, Battleship.

11 Likes

You know, like…you just have to go with whatever works, until it doesn’t.

Yipee-ky-yay, m----------r!

6 Likes

“You sunk my drug addict!”

3 Likes

She also probably got quite a few Floridian spiders and other tropical critters in her hair.

Mister Falcon?

1 Like

John McClane

1 Like

Yeah I know, but whenever Die Hard is shown on TV, the m----------r word becomes Mister Falcon.

2 Likes

What’s a “TV”?

/s (Maybe I have to say this?)

2 Likes

It’s what we had before Netflix. We actually had two. The one that worked sat on top of the one that didn’t, and the one that “worked” only barely worked. Its picture was green and was usually just weird horizontal stripes. There was a coathanger sticking out of the top of this thing, and whenever the picture went all stripey, whoever was the youngest or had the least social status had to get off the couch and futz around with the hanger. Although this whole setup might not have been actually as heavy as a full grown adult human, it was certainly twice as bulky and awkward.

6 Likes