Bizarre, paranoid warning about imaginary predators choosing victims through bumper-sticker-ology

You know who else doesn’t care about people? MURDERERS! I’m onto you…

1 Like

You can buy variously-sized circular stickers with a picture of a screw on them, to stick over the :heart:s on those bumper stickers.

“I :nut_and_bolt: POMERANIANS”

3 Likes

Crap.

To add to the futility, I should point out that none of those victims even had a car from which to glean information. We are all totally screwed, any way you… Cut it.

This joke is kinda hard to parse, but I feel it alludes to New Testament.

3 Likes

I guess “hate them a lot” might be a bit too strong words here. Let’s say that I just dislike them.

But you have partially hit the point why I dislike them. The reason is that the car/truck is his/hers property but someday it is sold away. Then the sticker markings and remains are the next owner’s problem. My point is that you should value your property and keep them in nice condition. For many people car/truck might be their most expensive thing.

Btw. My cars look like total crap so stickers wouldn’t take their value away…

People don’t have to buy cars with stickers on them, and generally if you PLAN on selling a car, it’s probably a good idea not to put stickers on them if it may damage the paint, but even still … it’s not that hard to remove stickers on cars. I’ve done it before. And it’s THEIR CAR. I’m not sure why you’re so concerned with the possibility of owners that don’t actually exist. O_o

I think some people care too much about useless shit that doesn’t actually have anything with then. That sort of attitude is what bothers me! It’s weirdly self-centered and not at all productive.

2 Likes

I know you were just trying to be funny, but I never did say anything regarding “caring” about people. I said I have no opinion on what stickers they place on their car. So your joke kinda missed the mark. :wink:

1 Like

Our used car market isn’t very wide. If I want to buy certain car I cannot easily skip suitable one if it has stickers. Some stickers can be removed easily but some aren’t so co-operative. Once I bought a red car that had silly letter stickers on the rear hatch and they had already left discoloration to the paint (infact the paint that wasn’t covered by the sticker was discolored more) so sticker marks were permanent.

In the last summer I bought a replacement rear window for my car. The window had large old unreadable dealership sticker attached. It had turned into white hard wrinkled substance that was nearly impossible to remove even though I used every possible cleaning agent and solvent that I had laying around. In the end I had to scrape it away with some hard plastic block. If the sticker had been attached on paint there wouldn’t have been any possibility that the paint would have stayed intact during the removal.

Here the average age of cars is quite high (currently a bit over 13 years) and it is really rare that the same owner buys a new car and takes it the junk yard when it’s worn out. Usually owners take quite good care of their cars as used cars have pretty active market here. There are some sticker here but not many. Beside the nationality sticker (mandatory when you are traveling abroad) I think the black bull sticker that tells that “I have visited Spain” is the most common.

We Finnish people are a bit grumpy and silent and I guess that is the reason why displaying our opinions with bumper stickers doesn’t fit here. Usually our opinions have to be asked.

Ah, well. They can’t all be bobby dazzlers like. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.