Bizarre: Severe flight turbulence launches passenger into overhead bin — where he gets stuck (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/02/bizarre-severe-flight-turbulence-launches-passenger-into-overhead-bin-where-he-gets-stuck-video.html

4 Likes

And they charged for an extra bag!

8 Likes

I’m not following what the video shows? I admit I expected it to show someone launched up, but otherwise it’s just panning back and forth?

Here’s the dramatic recreation:

8 Likes

I’m impressed. I have trouble just getting a small carry-on bag into one of those compartments. blink

4 Likes

The turbulent Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner made an emergency landing at the Natal airport in Brazil, where 30 passengers suffering injuries to the chest, neck, and head, including skull fractures, were rushed to a local hospital

As someone who must frequent the lavatory on all flights (trying to stay hydrated while flying) this is terrifying. I stay buckled in while in my seat, but one never knows when “rough air” as some airlines euphemize it will strike. Yikes! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Fairly common to experience rough turbulence over the ITCZ between Africa and South America. Stay buckled up, people.

5 Likes

Best X-Men Movie, ever! :+1:

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Looking at the video, I think his “bonus flight” knocked out the ceiling panel and he went over the top of the bins.

1 Like

I’m surprised he hasn’t been charged an extra fee for storing himself up there.

1 Like