Bizarre video leaves Reddit users baffled: three women's desperate struggle with locked door caught on camera

In my humble opinion, one of the top theories for a weird video should always be “it’s fake”.

Maybe someone edited it to have the gate open like that because it would create this funny looking scenario. Far trickier things have been faked and passed around than this. Go watch some Captain Disillusion to calibrate yourself for how much of viral content is simply fake.

8 Likes

@Mindysan33 and @chenille - Vell it is dark out in the video… Maybe an old friend ov mine is giving chase?

Are dey avoiding somevone who may be arriving, they do not vant to be hit or run over? Even if dey are running across the street.

Keegan Michael Key Stop GIF by Playing With Fire

4 Likes

Maybe they thought John Oliver was on the other side?

Some competition that included a series of tasks they had to perform (step 2: find a way through what we believe is a locked door?) and needing to be done within a certain timeframe (hence all the running)?

1 Like

And what is it with the guy across the street, just standing there and watching?

2 Likes

To be fair, if I saw that, I’d probably be standing and wondering as well, and maybe (since I’m old and female, and thus non-threatening) shouting suggestions.

6 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, I live near one of the largest Jewish communities in the US (I’m a few miles south of Lakewood, NJ), and at least one of the hospitals here has Shabbat elevators. Those observant Jewish people who follow such rules just can’t push the button, they can still make use of the machinery. So the elevator just runs continuously and automatically, stopping on each floor whether someone pushes a button or not. It’s pretty cool, I think, that the hospital did that. Jersey Shore Hospital in Neptune, if anyone is curious.

5 Likes

It’s a lot like the Amish getting Mennonites to drive them into town in a car/van for work or errands.

5 Likes

If it’s not staged for the clicks it’s some sort of scavenger hunt game or something along those lines.

I come to that conclusion because once they get the door open they seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere else like you would in puzzle solving scavenger hunt.

2 Likes

Maybe it was done for a reality show like “Escaping Polygamy.”

2 Likes

Consulted with orthodox. Can’t make heads or tails of it either. Confirm they could walk through the wide gate if someone else had triggered it to open on shabbat - what’s done is done. He’s well traveled and guesses it to be in an arab village.

I wonder if those geocode ID guys have seen this?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.