Black lawmaker responds after Marjorie Taylor Greene felt threatened by his presence: "White supremacists — this is what they do" (video)

Originally published at: Black lawmaker responds after Marjorie Taylor Greene felt threatened by his presence: "White supremacists — this is what they do" (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

13 Likes

She also said that he was “uppity”, and “not one of the good ones”.

18 Likes

at least in that clip, he never says a thing about white supremacy and never criticizes her directly, only says the gop should move on from some of the things she cares about.

so i imagine she must hear every criticism of her positions as being about her white supremacy … which tracks.

22 Likes

You know, Marge, if you left Congress you wouldn’t have to see him again and so you probably wouldn’t feel threatened by him any more.

19 Likes

The post has a second clip, in which he does say that. And he’s absolutely right. If something happens to him, the blood is in her hands. And she of course would never admit it.

As for her claim that to call someone a white supremacist – especially someone who says the things she says – is racist, what a load of upsidedown, complete bonkers horseshit.

16 Likes

And see how she tries to twist his saying she should care about her own party as being him saying everything is partisan and about his party?
Such a disingenuous asshat. I very much dislike her. Or, in midwestern-speak, bless her heart.

11 Likes

I genuinely cant tell if that was sarcasm or if she really said it.

I could only watch about 15 seconds of either clip; her ignorant screeching is intolerable.

15 Likes

This is raising asshole-ishness to the levels of Senator Joseph McCarthy, with all the “sly” references she uses. She needs to be dealt with, post haste. :fu:

11 Likes

Gawd, can you imagine the current GOP responding to the “have you no shame,” speech?
:roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Of COURSE she felt threatened. He was speaking the truth to her.

15 Likes

What an absolute scumbag she is.

4 Likes

I imagine they would say with completely straight faces. “We have nothing NOTHING! to be ashamed of” and then, of course, smile for the cameras. :innocent:

2 Likes

I am grateful that, people with stronger constitutions than mine, are willing to trek in to the fetid Altright Swamp and report back their shocking findings.

10 Likes

If you read some of the MAGA comments in the twitter threads, they say that he is intimidating and threatening, all evidence to the contrary; I see someone who is turning his body away slightly and keeping his distance. She is the one with shaking her finger in his face.

They see what she tells them to see.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” Orwell, 1984

9 Likes

How does she equate calling someone of color the N word with somebody calling her a white supremacist? Under what circumstances is it acceptable to call a person of color the N word? NEVER. So I agree with her there.

But would it be fair to call Hitler a white supremacist? David Duke? Of course it would, as they would freely admit that they are. At least they were honest about it.

if it walks like a duck…

The false equivalency is strong with this one.

6 Likes

the reckless lawmaker

Technically, yes, a lawmaker, as she’s a member of a lawmaking body and has passed legislatoin.
She’s not, however, exactly what I would call prolific in that regard.

She’s not there to make laws—she’s there to make headlines.

3 Likes

I had the same reaction. It really wouldn’t surprise me if she really said it. I wound check but that would mean sitting though recordings of her but I don’t have enough even left so I can’t.

3 Likes

If she’s so offended by being called a white supremacist, perhaps she’d prefer being called a Nationalist Christian. It’s been suggested we can just shorten that to Nat C.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.