Black Lives Matter. Still

17 Likes

If she ever felt like punching a Nazi, it’s only a short walk from 30 Rockerfeller Plaza over to 1211 6th Avenue.

13 Likes

“Tuck’ems.”

18 Likes

Ward Sutton has this as a free image download on his website. Note the pupils:

18 Likes

That likeness, though:

16 Likes
15 Likes

This is why people have been promoting changes in how slavery, racism, and Black history are covered in US history classes…

18 Likes

Holy shit. Some of the stuff in those texts. The “slaves loved their masters like family” stuff is very familiar to me, since I grew up in Alabama (though I honestly can recall a couple of my teachers saying that while the sentiment may have been true in some instances, it almost certainly was not reality for most slaves - pretty progressive for a white teacher in the state that styles itself “the heart of dixie”).
It takes a critical eye and a long time to pull away from that kind of thing - a skill and resource seldom provided to American students.

14 Likes

Thank heaven for Michael Harriot.

18 Likes

Amazing and hard and full of details I had no idea of:

I learned a lot.

18 Likes

That’s a great piece… I posted it over in the magical history thread, too. I almost posted it here, but it should be in both.

15 Likes

Because it is getting buried in all the election news

The Dalian Atkinson case was bad enough before I saw this.

I always put this video up to remind people of who Dalian Atkinson was.

14 Likes

End the death penalty.

14 Likes
16 Likes

You think?

12 Likes

Pshaw! Next we’ll be hearing that armed thugs of the state shouldn’t be violently breaking into people’s homes in the wee hours. How are they supposed to do their jobs??? /s

13 Likes

More cops gone wild…

15 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes
14 Likes