Black Lives Matter. Still

I’ll link this over to the climate thread, too.

I learned a new word here - sadopopulism… when you’ll embrace policies that will hurt you, so long as they hurt others more…

17 Likes

23 Likes

Serious consequences for some…

…but not enough for others:

19 Likes

The coverage on that second one (I watched the local news video) was really frustrating. I wish they had talked to whomever was working the window at the pharmacy drive through. It would be good to have a quote that the order wasn’t taking extra long, or something, just to highlight what an entitled prick the chief was being…
TBC, even if it was taking extra long, that’s no excuse, but I suspect that guy’s just an impatient asshole.

12 Likes
18 Likes

I love learning things, especially from a viewpoint I have not experienced. I am a huge Wheel of Time fan, and the upcoming Amazon Prime series has me all kinds of excited. But Lezbi Nerdy brings a different reason to be excited. I will let her describe:

7 Likes

Aside from the federal investigation, Brown faces state charges of second-degree battery and malfeasance in Bowman’s beating. He also faces state charges in two other violent arrests of Black motorists, including one he boasted about last year in a group chat with other troopers, saying the suspect is “gonna be sore” and “it warms my heart knowing we could educate that young man.”

20 Likes
15 Likes
19 Likes

:astonished: Whoa, there goes my weekend. Thanks for this! :nerd_face:

18 Likes

Nothing in this changes the criminality
of the police bombing children.

These victims also deserve to speak and have their life stories respected.

17 Likes

I am “sorry” if I brought you such affliction!

Seriously, these databases are amazing. I wish I had the historian training to read through the cold numbers and see the real people there.

8 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll have time to make it down there to see it… I’d like to…

13 Likes

:roll_eyes:

I may live in Texas but I am as far from Dan Patrick and Dade Phelan as I am from Alpha Centauri.

Mercy mercy.

Yeah this seems to be an ongoing thing…

18 Likes
17 Likes

Do Bois was 95 years old when he died.

17 Likes

The struggle continues…

18 Likes

11 Likes

Even during a hurricane, we still have assholes harassing Black people…

SMH

18 Likes

Yeah, today’s news featured two cases of being Black on the beach… :angry:

19 Likes