Black Lives Matter. Still

15 Likes

Good.

13 Likes

I’m gonna say yes…and people are going to need restitution for cases like this.

13 Likes

Bisa Butler’s work is beautiful. I want to see in person

13 Likes

Lawsuits and law enforcement:

15 Likes
13 Likes

Was just reading this argument to let castles that are mere testaments to wealth to decay rather than mooching on the public purse to keep them alive.

I’d suggest selling all slavery money castles and using the money for reparations.

13 Likes
8 Likes

BLM backlash - we’ll see if there are consequences for corporations:

17 Likes
11 Likes

Same old story: big (white) promises, followed by tiny outcomes.

Illinois city’s reparations plan was heralded – but locals say it’s a cautionary tale

11 Likes

Ugh, the assumptions throughout programs like this are terrible. The last thing any government agency would probably do is provide cash and let the recipients decide where they need to spend it. What makes them think everyone wants to move and/or attend college? The prevention of generational wealth and ignoring family sizes leads to outcomes like this:

12 Likes

I’ll cross-post this with the misogyny thread, too… Maybe “white culture” as well?

12 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

I hear something like: “Some one just declare Texas a Republican dictatorship already I’m running out of constituents to blame for my poor leadership skills, and my only appeal is overt racism.”

15 Likes

I figured someone pointed out a flaw in the “blame immigrants coming through Mexico for the virus outbreaks” strategy, so they moved on to Plan B in the GOP playbook. :woman_shrugging:t4:

15 Likes

Well, they’re still keeping the border closed to all but essential and commercial travel, citing the reason as meant to slow the spread of COVID, so I don’t even know where they’re getting that b.s.

11 Likes
14 Likes
16 Likes