WATCH: Trump thugs chase after Black Capitol Police officer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/watch-trump-thugs-chase-after-black-capitol-police-officer.html

6 Likes

Blue Lives Matter except…

23 Likes

Seems like he handled that situation very well. Slowed down the mob long enough to get backup, and didn’t get himself killed for The World’s Stupidest Cause. He managed the escalation and tone of that as well as one person against an angry mob can, probably.

19 Likes

Oh, you know that “Blue” lives never mattered except as a convenient prop. But harassing and harming Black lives? That’s always on the menu for this traitorous crowd.

12 Likes

Um…

Phrasing?

14 Likes

If people haven’t seen it, Michelle Obama’s message manages to be heartbreaking, beautiful and inspiring at the same time.

14 Likes

I mean, that was a near lynching. Passive voice most certainly ignores that.

17 Likes

Do we have to watch because I’d really rather fucking not.

15 Likes

Yes it does.

Had the man in question been more adamant about doing his job even to the point of ignoring his own safety, his death would still NOT be on him.

13 Likes

Absolutely. I’m very glad he’s safe, too.

8 Likes

Apologies- that was extremely poorly worded. I was going for more like “didn’t try to be a hero” here.

12 Likes

It seems like this was his training kicking in on how to handle an unruly mob like this.

7 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like someone told him to not touch the terrorists ? I mean the thugs? Uh the white people? And he could’ve kicked that little guy down the steps, he could’ve shot one to show he means business. But ZERO from this cop/security. These guys should all be fired for basically doing nothing

This fake “coup” had been the biggest political theater of all, just the cherry on top of the last four years

1 Like

I watched it. It was hard to watch and very disturbing. Very sad. As other posters have said he did a great job in that situation.

I think he wisely showed restraint because he was greatly outnumbered.

3 Likes

No, not with a bunch of people backing up the little guy. No need to provoke a riot with him as the star attraction. Instead he fell back, gave himself an altitude advantage by walking up the stairs. He called ahead on the radio, told the other guards where to meet him and kept things partly under control until reinforcements arrived.

Good job, well done.

8 Likes

But didn’t you hear? Per Fox/OANN, anyone who trespassed on the capitol are Antifa.

No True Trump supporter would commit insurrection and invade the capitol. (Apologies to any Scotsmen/women.)

3 Likes

Yes I was seeing the same thing that some of these people actually believe it was antifa, which really doesn’t exist except as a concept of a movement.

That’s just beyond stupid. Look at the damn video.

They are beyond stupid, they’ve gone full potato

4 Likes

He did do the right thing but I’m still disappointed that when backup finally came they didn’t charge in batons first.

2 Likes

But, but, but… if they were antifa- why were they doing precisely the same thing that the President had just encouraged his supporters to do?

Damn - I’ll never be able to defeat this masterful Trumpian 4D chess Q strategy!

3 Likes