Cop enjoys selfie with pro-Trump mob in Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/cop-enjoys-selfie-with-pro-trump-mob-in-capitol.html

14 Likes

Well, he needs to be fired ASAP. That was not deescalation, that was encouragement. And all of those looters and rioters need to be arrested.

Where the fuck are the arrests?

30 Likes

How cynical! Surely the Capitol Police would have displayed the same self-discipline if it had been a band of Black Lives Matter protestors storming the Capitol. Right?

14 Likes

Of course the cops are powerless, the rioters are Too White To Fight.

24 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-to-mp4

23 Likes

White Supremacists looting democracy, while Capitol Police play air guitar.

13 Likes

I think the high rank officiers that failed to control the fascist mob must be fires and put on trial.

They have utterly and clearly failed to do their duties.

11 Likes

Whiteness baby, works every time… Well most of the time, at least in this case. After just talking to a friend of mine about how easily they were able to get in - and wow the capital building of all places, like isn’t that one of the most secure buildings??? I feel like this whole thing is kind of like I don’t know, theater? Too bad there wasn’t a black Republican to lead the charge that really would’ve confused things for the handful of fake police.

9 Likes

24 Likes

Perhaps worse than powerless.

17 Likes

By astounding coincidence, “Hell Toupée” is also Trump’s Secret Service code name.

37 Likes

Dereliction of duty. Take his pension.

15 Likes

bad-pun-husky

14 Likes

That could end up being selfie-incriminating. Thank you.

11 Likes

Some of those who work forces…

12 Likes

What should happen is that every tape, every camera, all materials need to be fully reviewed, the security and emergency procedures managers and security managers need to be brought in and answers need to be given as to why there was such a colossal failure. Those assigned to protect that capitol that did not do their job, need to be reprimanded or fired. The managers of security and emergency procedures probably need to be fired or reprimanded as well. But who are we kidding. Nothing will happen.

2 Likes

This could have been easily fixed using the product above. Feathers optional.

2 Likes
14 Likes

I think you mean “fired and charged”.

Oh. Right.

3 Likes

A view from a former Capitol Hill officer:

5 Likes