Trump's rioters openly planned attack on Capitol for weeks, but FBI and other federal agencies did little

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/trumps-rioters-openly-planned-attack-on-capitol-for-weeks-but-fbi-and-other-federal-agencies-did-little.html

6 Likes

Why was D.C. teeming with National Guard troops in advance of relatively peaceful Black Lives Matter protests, but nowhere to been seen when white nationalist violence broke out yesterday?

Why are people asking this? Isn’t it obvious? The DC National Guard answers to the President, and trump did not call them out to prepare for this day - even after the assault on the Capital began, he refused the call from the DC Mayor to call out the Guard. Trump ensured the Capital was vulnerable - he is complicit in this and should be immediately removed for Sedition.

43 Likes

The FBI has rats in every environmental group that’s picking up trash in parks and on highways, yet they had no idea about this, and is asking the public for help to identify these people. This stopped being funny a very long time ago.

33 Likes

Unfortunately, in this case, the rat placement goes the other way

23 Likes

merch

42 Likes

I assume this is a rhetorical question…clearly they did know, but chose not to do anything about it.

9 Likes

Because the FBI, Capitol police and the insurrectionists are all on the same side. Maybe not every individual, but enough of them. We all know this would have gone very, very differently if literally ANY Leftist group had been doing it, even if they’d had no prior warning whatsoever.

31 Likes

or had orders from above to do nothing

13 Likes

Republican administrations don’t make plans to stop terrorism. They make plans to use it for their own ends after the attacks.

We’ve known this since 9-11.

15 Likes

And not just in DC.

20 Likes

Pretty simple to understand. In the eyes of authorities, white, good; black, bad. I’m not surprised in the least by this. Armed white guys have been showing up at state capitals throughout the year and simply allowed to toddle on home. Unarmed black people at protests are maced, rubber bulleted and a lot of times killed.

So either the secret is be heavily armed or white. Not sure.

21 Likes

Based on COINTELPRO and the systematic destruction of the Black Panthers, heavily armed alone isn’t good enough. Racism in U.S. law enforcement has been baked-in from day one.

21 Likes

I guess all those questions from May 7, 2020 now have an answer.

7 Likes

The history of the Black Panthers going to Sacramento is instructive here.

Edit: see Hanglyman above.

6 Likes

There was a saying that was old when I was born, but even though I’m now middle-aged it seems it still applies, with maybe a little tweaking:

If you’re White, you’re ‘alright.’
If you’re Brown, leave town.
If you’re Black, we attack.

16 Likes

It’s totally unfair to say the authorities “did little”.

For example, there is video of the DC Police OPENING THE BARRICADES around the Capitol to allow the rioters inside.

18 Likes

WT everlasting F? Despite tons of video evidence to the contrary. :woman_facepalming:t2:
Could there please, please be some consequence for blatantly lying to the public while holding a tax-payer funded job? Truly, it would be better to just STFU.

18 Likes

Even beyond that, seeing the way the front line magats were walking right at those federal mall cops, we think the traitors were directly told that the capitol police were not going to engage, so knew they’d not get resistance. Who on earth would think you can raid the capitol and not get torn to pieces by mounted machine gun fire? They had to have been told (somewhere along the way) by sympathetic feds. As many have said, “Shocking but not surprising.”

8 Likes

I never heard that one. My new goal is that within my lifetime we get this to be:
If you’re white, you gotta prove you’re right,
If you’re brown, let’s get down,
If you’re black, I got your back (although if things have progressed as I hope, you won’t need me to have your back because we will live in a fair and equitable society where you are not dehumanized due to the color of your skin.)

5 Likes

Sad, but true. Toward the end of the year, MI legislators attempted and failed to pass legislation banning groups from bringing guns into their capitol building. Not sure if they tried to prevent that in some other way, but the problem continues there and in many other states.

5 Likes